Please be honest :)

Brian P

Which color?!  

1. 1. Which color?!

I'd go with a metallic, but it depends on price. I can get PPG paint in matched white (1 step-no clearcoat required) for cheap and it would be a cash and time saving thing to do. Still unsure though, have some time to think about it all.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brian P

• ismellrealbad

• GnatGoSplat

• gmrulz4u

Well, I went to the paint supply store, and it will cost a hair under $300 for the good shit. PPG single stage matched wa-8554 white (3 qt), 2 qt reducer, 1 qt hardener, plus some flex agent. picking it up saturday!

• 1 month later...

I'm about 95% decided on having my car painted next fall, so I did a search of the message board looking for ideas and color combos and found this thread.

I was origionally gonna just stick with a grey simular to whats on my car now (mostly to avoid the under hood and trunk areas). But then I decided grey is a little too bland and a differant color could really bring out the best in my car. So I thought about white or black but they just wern't what I pictured in my head.

Then my brother came home from his auto body class and suggested "dark blue metallic". I was like damn that sounds sweet so I got on the internet looking for some good pics of cars with that color with no luck. Then I came here and saw that dark blue Monte with tinted windows :shock: and I was instantly sold on that color. Little did I know that scrolling down alittle more I would see the future of my car :shock: :shock: :shock: .

Anyways sorry for the long story I'm just really exited :D :D does anyone have an idea how much paint it will take to redo my car and a rough estimate on how much ppg or dupont paint goes for. I have looked all over the internet and I cant find any prices :x Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2407417865&category=6171

I priced this color blue locally, cause PPG has pretty much set prices everywhere. 1 gallon of paint only was about $175 plus you'll need 2 qts hardener ($60?), 2 qts reducer ($50?) plus you'll need clearcoat for that color...probably another $150 for a gal. Then that doesn't include priming spots that need it. Now you might know why I stuck with white, but since you already got a metallic car, go for it!

OH, I should add this email I got: not sure which brand they offered but you could call them:

The cost is $99.95 for WA353E, Code 28, plus $12.00 S&H. You will also need

the reducer and hardener for the paint. It is mixed on a 2:1:1 basis,

meaning you will need 1/2 gal of reducer, and 1/2 gal of hardener. Each of

these are $24.95, plus $12.00 S&H. This would be $173.85 total for all of

the material.

Please let us know how we may serve you.

ANBY Enterprises, Inc.

4801 Nolensville Road

Nashville, TN 37211

(615) 315-0002

Thanks Brian P, if every thing works out I should have a dark blue cutty w/tinted windows sometime next fall. Then I'm gonna start looking for some grey leather seats. I wanted to do a black leather interior but that would require gutting out my existing grey one and I really dont feel like doing that :puke: anyways grey looks fine and it dont get near as hot :verymad: in the summer. I'll be sure to post some before and after pics of my cutty if everything goes as planned my car is gonna look sweet 8)

Btw I think youre car is gonna look pretty good post some pics when youre finished.

No problem man. If you have the $ there's someone selling a light grey leather seat cover kit for specifically 93-97 style bucket seats and (sedan) rear bench, that should be a professional fit. Grey leather looks good but, like white, needs a little more attention and cleaning. As to the color being the reason for how hot it gets, it's only part of the equation. I notice that it also depends on how soft and conditioned the leather is. My front seats NEVER get that hot (no hard spots at all, previous owner and myself are anal about conditioning the seats), yet Ive sat in some cars with lighter and dark leather which were hard and dry, they would be hot enough to cook on, I think that's why vinyl gets so hot too. Many of the new cars have leather with a vinyl protective outer layer (whats the point! ) which make the seats hard and hot as hell, literally!