Something's leaking..

Speckkial

So I am looking at the right part, but I'll probably pay out the ass for labor?

Yeah more than likely. Its a simple job that'll take them 15 minutes if its the pan. But you'll be charged book time.. not sure what they rate that one at. And labor rates are so damn high.

Maybe.. I've heard of some that you have to drop the subframe to change the oil pan gasket...

Yeah more than likely. Its a simple job that'll take them 15 minutes if its the pan. But you'll be charged book time.. not sure what they rate that one at. And labor rates are so damn high.

Maybe.. I've heard of some that you have to drop the subframe to change the oil pan gasket...

Yea my two friends were discussing this the other day. Is it true?

I also thought it took more effort to actually remove the pan also- hence just try tightening it.

Speckkial not to take anyones side (purely my own) but you drive an OLD car and can't change your own oil? The amount you must pay "mechanics" you should be able to put payments on something newer I would think. Maybe get a friend or family member to try tightening the bolts for you if you can't do it yourself.

Lube places are where people start from scratch to enter the automotive field. Most are young guys out of highschool, many know nothing about cars. They get paid min wage usually.

According to my Haynes repair manual, it is :shock:

According to my Haynes repair manual, it is :shock:

That's something I wouldn't want to do. Don't you have to undo the motor mount??