turn signal wiring help

stockgp

can some please help me out here? i've got a 97 cutty steering column, 93 gp dash harness, and a 93ish lumina headlight harness. i already have the turn signal switch repinned at the steering column to match the 93 dash harness. my problem is that my turn signals work when the parking lights aren't on, but not with the lights on. both indicators will flash at the same time, not alternately like they are supposed to. if i turn on the turn signals on while the parking lights are on, one bulb lighs up, the other gets just enough voltage to produce a faint orange tint on the element.

basically i just need scans of the connector on a 93 gp where the dash harness meets the headlight harness, and the connector for a 93ish lumina where the headlight harness meets the dash harness so i can seperate the turn and parking light signals.

the only other way i figured i could make this work would be to modify my factory fog light housings to accept lumina turn signal sockets, but i don't want to do that.

thanks in advance for any help, fellas.

Check the ground wire on the light socket. Pull out the socket and pull back on the ground wire. For some reason the GM turnsignal sockets like to come loose inside. It it works normally when you pull back on the ground, replace the socket. What happens is the current is higher for the turnsignal side than the park lamp side, since they share a common ground within the bulb, the higher current searches out a new ground source through the other wire.

Just had to change both tail light sockets on one side of a 96 Sedan DeVille. Both had this same problem at the same time. Park lights would work fine, but the brake lights or the turn signal would do weird things, like flashing the wrong side of the bulb, or when one side would light up, the other side would go dead, fun stuff like that.

Joe

the gp and limuna use different bulb sockets, that's why i need the diagrams. i need to rewire the headlight harness connector so i can use gp turn signals on a lumina harness

it's still only 3 wires. should do the same things on a GP and a Lumina. and if on sorta works and the othe is dim, I would say you have a ground problem, in addition to whatever other wiring issues you have.

Couldn't find a GP harness?

the only gp harness i could find was with the engine in the car, and the car was in a mudhole with no tires. the lumina has a 3-wire plug for the center turn signals and a 2-wire lpug for the others. the gp uses two different two-wire plugs.

and although the lumi has 3- and 2-wire sockets, they still only use 4 wires in total, with the signqal for the turn signals being split for the same wire where the headlight harness connects to the dash harness.

again, that's why i need the diagrams, so i can split up the signals for the individual sockets.