NEED HELP w/ 95 Cutalss Supreme Convertible

red95cutlass

Thanks Gnat, appreciate it. We gotta keep our 'Ws' looking good!

How far are you from St. Louis? The wife and I are going to a wedding out there in June, hopefully driving the Olds. Maybe we could look ya up if I have the chance.

While we are on the subject of convertible tops, I figured I'd ask other convertible owners about how well their tops lower.

On our car, when the top is lowering, once it gets down to the last 8", the passenger side folds up a little quicker and lower than the driver side. Overall the top lowers evenly on both sides, it's just that last 8" where there is a difference, and it is pretty minimal at that.

Anyway, have any other Cutlass convertible owners noticed the same thing? Or does your top lower evenly the entire way down?

While we are on the subject of convertible tops, I figured I'd ask other convertible owners about how well their tops lower.

On our car, when the top is lowering, once it gets down to the last 8", the passenger side folds up a little quicker and lower than the driver side. Overall the top lowers evenly on both sides, it's just that last 8" where there is a difference, and it is pretty minimal at that.

Anyway, have any other Cutlass convertible owners noticed the same thing? Or does your top lower evenly the entire way down?

sounds like one motor is weaker then the other

Thanks for the response - I was wondering if the way it was lowering was typical or not. I figure it needs a new lift cylinder on the driver's side as Jeremy said - it's not bad enough to justify replacing yet.

Mine lowers evenly enough. Perhaps a bit slower on the passenger side though. Again however, since its the passenger side that doesn't work when trying to put the top up I think my pump is dying.

sounds like one motor is weaker then the other

There's only one motor/pump. It feeds two lift cylinders.

WhiteOut: i just had to point that out because I suffer from a severe case of convertible envy, yours in particular.

Thanks for the compliment, I'll make sure I keep it in good shape untill I get rid of it this summer or next. Its gonna have high miles, but it will still look good. I'll let you know when the time comes.

Since we are talking about the convertible pump here, have you guys noticed what color the fluid is in the pump? I looked at mine yesterday and it looked bluish green. The W platform manual says to use Dextron III ATF. Usually it is a deep red color. Let me know what you find! Thanks.

Dave

Looks like you have what you need! I can still get those pics of either of mine if you need them. If you should decide to remove the entire top, you'll need something to lift it with. It is too heavy for one guy to move it around without scratching anything.