fuel door?

Stealth

hey like 2 weeks ago my fuel door just poped open and it wont shut, the srping on somthing broke, theres a screw inside there but I took it out and the door doesnt come off its like connected to the frame, how the hell do I fix it, everytime you push it closed it just pops open, its being held closed by tape atm :?

I replaced my spring, but I put it in backwards then tried to slam the door shut, thus bending the new spring. When I put it in the right way it didn't shut all the way because the new spring was tweaked.

So, in frustration, I went to Wal-Marts craft department and bought a pack of small round magnets. I stuck 2 of them on the edge of the door, and it holds the door shut now matter how hard I turn right!

That spring clip is a PITA to replace, you have to take off the left rear wheel, wheel well plastic, remove all the screws from the filler neck and swing it up, out of the way. Then you can get to where the sring clips in. Don't screw up like me! The spring bows outward, so when it's in correctly the bow of the spring points to the outside of the fuel door, or to the rear of the car.

I did it on a lift, with another W body sitting out in the parking lot to compare, and I still screwed it up. :oops:

The spring was like $2.50

The Magnets were $1.27

They'll work fine for me.