Power seat removal question...

GTPrix

As you guys know I totaled my Cutlass. Anyways, I was alowed to basically remove anything from the car that I put in it, which included my leather seats. Well, The battery was dead when I went, since they left the key on for some reason. So I jumped it to give the battery power so I could slide the track forwards and backwards, but my power controls weren't working. I am not sure why this was, but is there anything I can do about this since the bolts are covered by the tracks? If not thats a nice set of seats that will rot in the yard. Thanks in advance.

Drew

You'll have to find the power source under the carpeting. I ran into the same problem when I went to the yard to pull a leather interior. I just made a nice big slice thru the carpet, found the power going to the seat, and its all good from there.

Yeah, maybe I could head back with a battery pack so I can make sure my battery has power. The thing is though, I cant remember how I wired it up originally......I should be able to find the power lead though. BTW, what kind of bolts are those that hold the seats down? Star? And are regular sockets ok to use on them?

Drew

The yard pulled it from the yard to an open area in the front, and dropped it there. My dad was able to pul his van up to it to charge the battery. Yeah 8mm sounds right. Hopefully I will go back and try taking them out again.

Unfortunatley, I don't think the passenger seat is good anymore, as its pinned in by the pass. side door, and I couldnt get that door open. The back seta has a similar situation.

Drew