how do you install a second battery

the duke and me

the Easyest way I would say is get a Dual battery switch from a larger Boat.......

the Cheaper way would be to go to JC ripoff and get a Dual battery Conversion kit...its like 30$ I think...

If you're looking to address current draw, as with a high power stereo set up couldn't you just connect two batteries in parallel? Of course with appropriately sized cable. Maybe one in the trunk and the other up front in the tray?

Tim

Your battery is what supplies the masive amounts of power required when your subs hit, caps are supposed to help but you need good juice from your battery so as to not over work your alt.

umm no a alternator is what supplies the voltage to your amp to be exact but when the amp is usin to much power from the alt. the alternator takes voltage from the battery to keep the car running . trust me i know i just studied 5 weeks about alternators and starters and shit like that

so to be honest get a higher output amp

i personnaly bought a 180 amp for my camaro and when my bass hits in it the lights don't blink don't do anything

just my 2 cents

Umm OK I guess you're the expert then, but I still diasagree with what you've said. Tell ya what, go pull your battery out and try pounding your subs without it.

you dip shit you can't pull your battery out in any newer cars it will shut off and i am right on this you just get a bigger alt and you will be fine no need for a 2nd battery and more weight on an already heavy car. the main purpose of a battery is to

1. operate starting motor, ignition system, fuel injection system,and other electrical devices while cranking and starting

2.supply all electrical power for the car whenever the cars engine isn't running

3. help the charging system provide electricity when current demands are above the ouput limit of alternator

4.act as a capacitor that smooths current flow through the cars electrical systems

5. store energy for extended periods.

so the alternator runs the car when the engine is running so there for if you get a bigger alternator there is no need for a 2nd battery

thank you i rest my case

my names mark my cars name is duke and i just plan on haveing a lot of electronics in my car so i figured it would b a good idea to have a 2nd battery

you dip shit you can't pull your battery out in any newer cars it will shut off and i am right on this you just get a bigger alt and you will be fine no need for a 2nd battery and more weight on an already heavy car. the main purpose of a battery is to

1. operate starting motor, ignition system, fuel injection system,and other electrical devices while cranking and starting

2.supply all electrical power for the car whenever the cars engine isn't running

3. help the charging system provide electricity when current demands are above the ouput limit of alternator

4.act as a capacitor that smooths current flow through the cars electrical systems

5. store energy for extended periods.

so the alternator runs the car when the engine is running so there for if you get a bigger alternator there is no need for a 2nd battery

thank you i rest my case

You should tell my cousins regal and my Lumina that they're not allowed to run without a battery then!!!!!!!!!!!!! And you're calling me a dip shit :lol: :lol:

Grow up there's no need to start calling people names, especially when you don't know what you're talking about.

Thanks for clearing up what the battery does, I still wasn't quite sure. You still don't know half as much as you think you do, and just because one book tells you one thing doesn't mean I can't find ten others that'll argue the first.

Maybe you should tell all the customizers who have wasted hundreds even thousands on batteries to support their a/v setups, that infact they don't actually need them.

I take it you're not doing to well in this class!

my names mark my cars name is duke and i just plan on haveing a lot of electronics in my car so i figured it would b a good idea to have a 2nd battery

anyway getting a bigger alt is no big deal unless your one of those Ham radio freaks and have to have 600 hp to turn generators and what not on your suburban...

lol

a second battery is fine ... also a cap is too a cap helps with all the electronics in your car. its like a UPS... but only is capable of killing you!

well no all the customizers add high out put alts. and if they dont when there adding a whole shit load of accesories then all there doin is wastin a battery.

believe it or not when you go and get into high output stereos they add a bigger alt. so apparantly your not so smart yourself

you usually just add your own 2 cents

and no i am right in the sense that if he is only gonna add a common size system like 1k watt amp there is no sense for 2 batterys when you can add a bigger alt and do the same thing

and plus i am glad i just usually browse through this board since there is to much bullshit on this site

well no all the customizers add high out put alts. and if they dont when there adding a whole shit load of accesories then all there doin is wastin a battery.

So what do you suppose they do then when the draw of their systems exceeds the highest output alt. available?

believe it or not when you go and get into high output stereos they add a bigger alt. so apparantly your not so smart yourself

you usually just add your own 2 cents

I never once said there was no benefit to a higher output alternator, I run a 125amp myself, so don't quote me for things I never said.

Atleast my 2 cents is actually worth something and not just :puke:

and no i am right in the sense that if he is only gonna add a common size system like 1k watt amp there is no sense for 2 batterys when you can add a bigger alt and do the same thing

Firstly no that would do not do the same thing, there are different benefits to both but there shouldn't be any need to explain that to an educated guy like you.

Note the topic of this thread and the question he asked!! He was not asking for your opinion nor did he make any statement as to why or what he was doing this for.

i want to instal a second battery in my 92 lumina looking for instructions

If you're gonna answer it should be relevent to the question asked. But then again you've proven that you either don't read very well or have a hard time comprehending.

and plus i am glad i just usually browse through this board since there is to much bullshit on this site

That's good cause you don't seem to offer anything of value!

I can't believe I wasted the time on this but it really pisses me off when some """"" insults me over something he has completely wrong.

Yet another useless W-body thread.

no w-bodys are worthless at least the before 95s and the tgp's

and yeah talk some more shit if it makes you more of a man go ahead

oh and duke there is a search function on the forum use it you will find ways of adding a 2nd battery