Mustang Cobra Rims

Guest RedCutlassSL

They'll stick out a little over 1" if the tires are the same width. Considering the factory wheels are 6.5" and the Cobra R's are usually 9", the rim of the wheel will stick out 2.25" more than the factory wheels.

The bolt pattern should be 5x4.5 which will fit... the difference is only 0.7mm in diameter which works out to be 0.35mm difference in radius. Less than the thickness of a mechanical pencil lead.

It probably will, it's hard to say.

I've seen cars with wheels sticking out a little and I think it looks okay.

Then I've seen some with wheels sticking out that looks bad.

Also, I don't know if these will clear the caliper bracket or if they'll rub when you make a tight turn.

245's normally fit these cars, but 9" wide actually will make the 245's a wee bit wider.

I think PROBABLY they'll look okay because malibuolds has GP crosslace wheels on his Cutlass which are 16x8 +25mm offset.

I dont think they will fit becuase i tried to put rims from a Thunderbird on my Cutlass and they didnt fit because of the bolt pattern was different, i have a mustang and one day i could try if they fit.

try looking at AE 077's thats what i will get in the next few years, after college, and after i sell my rims. They look very similar and for 18 inch polished which look very close to chrome it's 681 to my door for 4 of them in the box. go to http://www.dykz34.com and look at his wheels they are them. Later Jay

someone post that picture of the GP(possibly TGP...can't remember) with em on there..........looks sweet!!! maybe it was on the GMF board under one of my older wheel posts

I measured it out one day on my car (those nice plastic fender flares). The wheel itself does not stick out past the fender but when i added in the extra room for the tire it came out to be exactly as far out as my fender was. So on my car using either 245 or 255 on cobra wheels would be dead even with my fender flares or possible stick out a tad more. As for rubbing, who knows.

Does anybody here know someone that owns a Cobra? We could solve this delima by simply asking to borrow a wheel for 15 minutes.

Wow, someone beat me to it. Those Cobra rims are exactly what I want for my TGP, but I think I'll opt for chrome.

I like how they kind of have a little lip like the crosslace, and have the same offset.

I know some companies make Cobra rims in 8" width. Are those in the pics 8" or 9"?

Does anybody here know someone that owns a Cobra? We could solve this delima by simply asking to borrow a wheel for 15 minutes.

My friend has an '01 Cobra. But its in storage untill spring. Unless the weather gets a little nicer and we pull it out to install the subframes and camber/caster plates, we'll just have to wait untill spring. :(