Recall on my 95 CS?

Rob95CS

Details of the recall below. Do these recalls expire? Can I still get this done for free? I definately do not need my airbags exploding in my face when I start the car.

Make : OLDSMOBILE Model : CUTLASS SUPREME Year : 1995

Manufacturer : GENERAL MOTORS CORP.

NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number : 00V171000 Recall Date : JUN 21, 2000

Component: AIR BAGS:FRONTAL

Potential Number Of Units Affected : 268146

Summary:

VEHICLE DESCRIPTION: PASSENGER VEHICLES. CORROSION OF THE AIR BAG INFLATOR'S INTERNAL WIRING, WHICH CAN OCCUR OVER TIME, COULD CAUSE THE INADVERTENT DEPLOYMENT OF THE DRIVER'S AIR BAG. THIS DEPLOYMENT COULD OCCUR DURING VEHICLE START-UP, WHILE THE VEHICLE IS PARKED OR IDLING, OR WHILE IN OPERATION.

Consequence:

IF THE CONSUMER IS TOO CLOSE TO AN INFLATING AIR BAG, SERIOUS INJURIES COULD OCCUR.

Remedy:

DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE INFLATORS ON THESE AIR BAGS.

Notes:

OWNER NOTIFCATION BEGAN ON DECEMBER 29, 2000. OWNERS WHO TAKE THEIR VEHICLES TO AN AUTHORIZED DEALER ON AN AGREED UPON SERVICE DATE AND DO NOT RECEIVE THE FREE REMEDY WITHIN A REASONABLE TIME SHOULD CONTACT GM CUSTOMER ASSISTANCE AT 1-877-250-1790, BUICK AT 1-800-521-7300, OR OLDSMOBILE AT 1-800-442-6537. ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S AUTO SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-DASH-2-DOT (1-888-327-4236).

If the recall work has been done, there SHOULD be a little sticker somewhere under the hood.. preferably on that radiator support/header panel that says:

CAMPAIGN

00V171000

If the recall work has been done, there SHOULD be a little sticker somewhere under the hood.. preferably on that radiator support/header panel that says:

CAMPAIGN

00V171000

I've got 2 campaign stickers under my hood somewhere lol

If you go to Oldsmobile Owner's Center, you can get the info you need

https://www.mygmlink.com/main/US/en/oldsmobile/home

I believe you will have to sign up in order to get recall info on a specific vehicle, but am not sure

Also the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration site has these documents about this recall on file:

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/RepositoryFiles.cfm?module=RECALLS&IfsDocId=00V171

If you go to the above link and then check page 2 of the document called "Remedy Instructions and TSB ( 145.83 KB)", you will see that it lists the vehicles, the plants they were built in, and the serial numbers potentially involved in the recall. With your VIN number in hand you would be able to determine if your car had the problem in the first place.

Give me your VIN number and I'll run it for you.
1G3WH52M9VF3460833

No airbag recall.

There is a recall on the power steering gear though. Take it to any dealer that still services Oldsmobile and it will be done for free. Try pontiac/buick/chevrolet dealers because that recall is also on other w-bodies.

CAMPAIGN

00V171000

I didnt get a sticker when mine was done :?

CAMPAIGN

00V171000

Some people don't do the stickers. Run the VIN to be sure.

I don't see any airbag recalls for 94 either.

My airbag light DOES illuminate sometimes!

I also replaced my airbag with a nicer looking one from an unknown model year. I hope it wasn't from an 95! Airbag light was intermittently illuminating long before that though.

CAMPAIGN

00V171000

Some people don't do the stickers. Run the VIN to be sure.

I already had mine done