question for people who know amps well, would LOVE some help

89BuickRegalGS

My MTX amp says it will run 425 watts at 1 ohm bridged/ 100 watts at 4 ohms regularly. I have 2 MTX speakers that will handle 300 watts peak. Will I be ok to run both speakers bridged conected to the same thing? The reason I would do this is because for some reason, i am not getting any left audio through my amp. If I disconnect the left RCA jack, there is no difference, but if I diconnect the right one, I totally lose audio. I took the back off the amp and vissually inspected it for any burnt out components, but it LOOKS fine. I know this means nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

try plugging the Right RCA into the left input of the amp and vise versa..

if you run the speakers in series then bridge it to 1 channel of the amp it will be fine.

plug the Neg from the amp to the neg on speaker 1 and the Pos from the amp to the pos on speaker 2. then connect the leftover Pos on speaker 1 to the neg of speaker 2 together. if that makes sence. so basicly it makes a big loop (bridging the 2 on the same channel)

this will keep your ohm load where it needs to be so you don't fry your amp or your voicecoils on your subs. I assume your subs are 4ohm each. so in series you would add the 2. 4+4=8ohms then bridged it will reduce the ohms in 1/2.. 8/2=4. so you will have a 4ohm load when your all said and done. :) if your speakers are rated at 4ohms you don't want a total load lower then 4ohms or you will fry your voice coils reguardless of the fact your amp can handle it.

[AMP -]=======(-) speaker 1 (+)=\

[AMP+]=======(+)speaker 2 (-)=/

if that doesn't make sense let me know..

Now if your using DVC speaker then its the same logic. just tricker to wire :)

My MTX amp says it will run 425 watts at 1 ohm bridged/ 100 watts at 4 ohms regularly. I have 2 MTX speakers that will handle 300 watts peak. Will I be ok to run both speakers bridged conected to the same thing? The reason I would do this is because for some reason, i am not getting any left audio through my amp. If I disconnect the left RCA jack, there is no difference, but if I diconnect the right one, I totally lose audio. I took the back off the amp and vissually inspected it for any burnt out components, but it LOOKS fine. I know this means nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here is what you need to do. If your amp is rated to 1 ohm bridged then it will certainly handle your subs. Parallel wire your subs to the amp, this will present the amp with a 2 ohm bridged load. If we split the difference on the power output, it'll output 212 watts at 2 ohms bridged. Granted this is only 106 watts a sub but if you wire them in series then it would be about 50 watts. Your amp will be fine, your ears will thank you and remember, once you lose your hearing, you'll never get it back. If you need anything else, don't be afraid to ask.

I agree with Whiskey River.

You want to parallel the subs, not wire them in series.

One thing to be aware of, your amp may not bridge correctly if one channel is completely dead. I'm assuming this is a 2ch amp you want to bridge to 1ch. Both channels must be working in order to bridge because when an amp is bridged, one channel is responsible for the positive half of the output and the other channel is responsible for the negative half of the output.