a few new appearance mods...its home update

Dannymik

Well Im getting a little stir crazy this winter so I've been thinking of a few mods for the Prix. They probably wont go on for a couple months...1st I purchased new cleared corners with the reflector, new GTX exhaust tips(which I might sell if I could land some dual rolled tips), and a SD hood which is on its way. Heres a quick picture of the hood. All I need is some wheels and tint then I'll get into the motor which will require much more planning...I want to it right and not waste my money on useless parts.

*update 3/3/05*

Good news is that the hood is home, but the bad is that there was damage during the shipment :verymad: ...so now Im going to see if they'll cover it. The tricky part is that there was a few different companies that it took before it reached my location.

everything looked good until I seen the upper right corner. Then I seen that the upper left was slightly damaged as well. Fiberglass is going to be needed to fix this "BS" that the shippers caused.

Picture031.jpg

a closeup of the upper right corner

Picture018.jpg

cleaned an area of the hood to show the paint up close

Picture027.jpg

I also have new sylvania corner lights in the new corner lenses.

Picture014.jpg

Picture015.jpg

[/img]

Damn you Dan! Ship that hood to my addy...you can add some galaxy silver paint also, but that's optional! :mrgreen: I'm not quite sure what hood I'd go with if I was buying one...I've always liked the SD hood, but I'd have to dig through my old pictures to see what they look like on silver prix's.

those hoods look so.....well..... ghey :bash:

i hear you guys slam every guy on here about making "ricer" mods on a w-body but it's cool to toss on an oversized Mitsu EVO-IV hood :roll:

Why doesn't someone take cues from the REAL musclecars in our line and replicate a W-32 hood or a '70 GNX hood...hell even the mid 80's GP or Regal sport hoods looked better :lol:

begin slams on my car, me, the fact i'm a "newbie" or whatever fuels ya here.............

:lol: :lol: :lol:

SO GHEY!

i hear you guys slam every guy on here about making "ricer" mods on a w-body but it's cool to toss on an oversized Mitsu EVO-IV hood :roll:

Why doesn't someone take cues from the REAL musclecars in our line and replicate a W-32 hood or a '70 GNX hood...hell even the mid 80's GP or Regal sport hoods looked better :lol:

begin slams on my car, me, the fact i'm a "newbie" or whatever fuels ya here.............

SO GHEY!

Probably because most other hoods look like pure shit and don't match the lines of the car. A hood/appearance modification isn't "rice." I suppose you think all "show cars" are rice too don't you? :roll:

SO GHEY!

glad to see that you have your own opinion! I can see where you think that the SD hood is oversized :alcoholic: and compare it to a Mitsu EVO-IV hood. :think: I guess I'm having a hard time with the anology. Please explain to me what your definition of "Ricer" is. BTW your doing a good job and I hope to see you on more often.

Throw us a link of your car...Im an honest guy who will tell you how I feel either way.

• 3 weeks later...