Crap Turds...My Car Dies In The Morning.....................

MaD

.....but when I go to start it a second time, it starts like the champ that it is....

The hell?

This problem only happens when it's cold outside and in the mornings.

It doesn't do it after 8 hours of sitting in the cold (after I get off work)

Only in the morning, in my driveway.

But then it starts and runs fine afterwards.

-MaD-

MaD,

Does it sputter when you turn it over the first time? I had the problem (way back when) because the engine was so hot after comming home and sitting, that the fuel in the fuel rail would evaportate and create a small vapor lock.

Other wise, have you changed a fuel filter lately or a fuel pump perhaps? That's the first things that came to mind...

- RedFox340

It Doesn't Sputter. It runs for maybe a second, then dies. I have changed the fuel filter recently.

Spark plugs are fairly new (delco), along with magnecor wires.

I haven't taken em out, but this only happens in the cold weather and in the morning.

And nope, no black smoke :?

Redfox, How would a (delco) fuel filter cause this?

...and speaking of fuel filters, I'd love to convert mine to those snap-n-release if possible, anyone know/can-think-of a way? It's a pain in the ass to try and free up a seized filter then have a waterfall of gasoline enter your ocular cavity. ...even after you've bled the friggin' schrader valve situation...

Woe is Me. :roll:

-MaD-

when you say it runs for a second then dies? does it like "instantly" start up for that one second or does it take a while also? It's possible an injector or 2 is leaking that's why I asked if you saw *any* black smoke. Only other thing I could think of is excess carbon in the manifolds, maybe an ignition coil is starting to fail. I had noticed my car took a little extra time to start than normal, I replaced the injectors and fuel rail with ones from a '94 Lumina and did a tuneup and it fixed the problem. But it did always start the first time if I held the key long enough.....

MaD,

After years of repairs, I learned that the basics can hurt the most... that's why check all bases first. When first dignosing my Cutlass when it didn't ran (and didn't know about the belt) I was testing and repairing stuff like you couldn't believe... it took someone to look from the outside to see where the problem laid. Just want to make sure all is well, no easy problems right? So, go with Malibuolds idea and see if any codes are thrown and Brian I agree with as well. Anything could be setting it off.

- RedFox340