Seat belt woes....

jeremy

From a 93 Regal Owners Manual: Your seatback will move back and forth freely, unless you come to a sudden stop. Then it will lock in place.

Yeah that's how its supposed to work. Mine come flying forward when I come to a sudden stop.

The option described on the right side of the page looks like a useful one that I wish I had.

Here's a quick explanation on the seats.

From a 93 Regal Owners Manual

Inertialatch.jpg

My old 85 Grand Am had the "Easy Entry Seat Option" and whenever I slammed on the brakes, not only would the seatback flip forward, the whole seat would then slide forward as well! I remember that after I put in a set of buckets from an 89 GA SE, the seatbacks always locked when I slammed on the brakes.

Neither of my "W's" have problems with the seatbacks flying forward...

does anyones lever actually work, i bought my old ciera with 65,000 on the clock and they never worked, same with my z34s, hell i don't know if that lever EVER worked.. or what it did for that matter.

I've never had a FWD GM where the lever was even necessary. The only car I can remember that you had to actually unlatch the seatback to get in the back seat was my 'rents's old 76 Catalina...

My 72 Cadillac Coupe Deville had electronic seatbacks. When you opened the door, an electronic solenoid would unlock the seat and it would fold forward freely. When the doors were shut, the seatbacks were locked solid. I kinda liked that better, seatbacks that can move when the car is in motion just don't seem quite as safe. I have NEVER seen or felt the intertia thing in my seatbacks actually work.

My 72 Cadillac Coupe Deville had electronic seatbacks. When you opened the door, an electronic solenoid would unlock the seat and it would fold forward freely. When the doors were shut, the seatbacks were locked solid.

That's pretty damn sweet!

When I put the ugly tan leather's from a TGP in my car, they actually worked. No more flying forward during a hard stop. I actually purposely parked on a steep hill to see if the seatbacks locked. Both worked perfectly.

ugly tgp seats? there bad ass, lol, but mine are power! haha they dont slide farward, but the passenger one w/o power slides if no ones in it, cause the dog was in it, and i had to stop fast, and it flew farward, kinda wierd