Great news for 94-96 Grand Prix owners!

DiscoStudd

I was at Checker looking for a Turn Signal cancelling cam kit (to replace the broken spring in my GP's signal switch) and I came across a "HELP" brand kit that had an assortment of replacement HVAC knobs. Turns out one of the knobs in the kit was the ever elusive 94-96 GP HVAC knob!!! Of the other 2, one was for 91-96 Corsicas/Berettas, and the other was for 95-99 C/K Pickups.

Here's the pics of the package:

knobs1.jpg

The back of the GP knob looks purple, but it's the same "magenta" as the stock knob.

knobs2.jpg

And here's the back of the package:

knobs3.jpg

Now the bad news (for all you cheap-asses :lol: ) the package is $11.99, but where else are you going to find a brand new GP HVAC knob?

I saw that and I was hoping to find a purple set for a 96-8 Achieva for Danyelle.. But, I noticed that too.. I thought everyone knew about them.. Whoops! Down side is if you need more than one, you have to buy 3 packages..

Why does everyone make a hype over these 94-6 knobs? There's nothing wrong with mine and I see them all over.
Everyone's seem to be broken, and you can never find a good set in the boneyards, either...

Why does everyone make a hype over these 94-6 knobs? There's nothing wrong with mine and I see them all over.
Everyone's seem to be broken, and you can never find a good set in the boneyards, either...

:werd: I have a Bonnie knob in mine, so this would be great. None of the junkyards I've gone to have those knobs.

Hey, Disco.. YOu forgot ONE 1990 Lumina owner will be happy about the knobs too!
That's right! How could I forget? I even took your advice and used a Lumina/Monte knob for a while there :)

I broke one of those in my 1995 Cutlass...I superglued the broken piece back together...let it dry some and then applied a little more glue and slapped the SOB back on the Cutty. Never had a problem with it after that, but if it did break again Im sure it would be a bit difficult to get it back off :shock:

i wish i woulda known this about 6 months ago...when i got bought my car (from a pontiac dealer) it had the pontiac knobs on it...one broke off, so i went and got a new one and it was different...so i was like WTF?...anywayz, a few days later i figured it out for myself...i ended up paying like $45 from GM parts direct for 3 cutlass knobs... :roll:

what kinda hulksters are you people that you break HVAC knobs all the time? or am i missing something?

lol HULK SMASH!!!!!!!!!!!

When I got my car it was missing 2

and then i had to keep switching the 1 i had left from control to control...then that one broke and I found the HELP ones.

Bought 3 and I have no clue why....but 2 out of the 3 broke.

The did fell ALOT cheaper then the originals.

So i dumped the last one and bought some bonnie ones.

Been all set since.

You can still buy them off gmpartsdirect.....but it will cost about 30 for all 3

what kinda hulksters are you people that you break HVAC knobs all the time? or am i missing something?
You probably can't see it in the top pic, but the "shaft" of the knob is wimpy and breaks off easily.

butthead.gif Uh, huh huh huh, you said "shaft of the knob" huh huh huh...

My car had one missing when I bought it...