Black90Euro

Odometers are not interchangeable. You'll have to adjust the odometer from the donor car to match your mileage. I accomplished this with a power drill on backwards. :)

Odometers are not interchangeable. You'll have to adjust the odometer from the donor car to match your mileage. I accomplished this with a power drill on backwards. :)

lol ... good one :D

i've always wanted to know how to roll forward and odometer quickly on these cars, becuase i was going to do a cluster swap but chose against it. it was another z cluster, but with white gauges, but i just installed the gauges on my old cluster because i didn't know how to set the milage.

I've always wondered this:

If you could just take the entire wiring harness that feeds the cluster out of the car, could you just trace it back to a connector somewhere in the car and just plug it in?(Even if you had to take the donor connector and replace that also.)

Since the car bodies are the same, would there not be a harness that feeds the standard or rallye gauges? I know it would be work, but it would make it so that you did not have to cut any wires.

My Euro has the full cluster for it's year, but my Pree does not. My Cutty has the full digital gauges. You should see them at night. :shock:

I thought about putting a gauge cluster in the Pree, but did not want to have to cut wires to do it. How do they do it when it is built?

What do you guys think?

I've always wondered this:

If you could just take the entire wiring harness that feeds the cluster out of the car, could you just trace it back to a connector somewhere in the car and just plug it in?(Even if you had to take the donor connector and replace that also.)

Since the car bodies are the same, would there not be a harness that feeds the standard or rallye gauges? I know it would be work, but it would make it so that you did not have to cut any wires.

My Euro has the full cluster for it's year, but my Pree does not. My Cutty has the full digital gauges. You should see them at night. :shock:

I thought about putting a gauge cluster in the Pree, but did not want to have to cut wires to do it. How do they do it when it is built?

What do you guys think?

You could but that firewall connector also goes to other things in the car and you would need to disassemble the dash to get the harness out and then installed. It would be far more trouble than it's worth in my book.

I also put a UB3 cluster in my 92 CS. WOW! 8)

Swapping around all the wires was a lil tedious, but easy enough. I lucked out on mine, car has 215k on it and the new dash says 146k. Quite impressive when it all lights up!

They just run the wiring to the dash connector.. Then its slightly different between cars w/ full gauge, base, digital, etc.. I LOVE the Cutlass UB3.. I am putting one into a Lumina, as is Baddflash.. If you have fulkl gauges in a car already, then the UB3 is cake to hook up.. But not to mount.. 8)