c202 turn signal pins fixed

stockgp

well after screwing around with the wires most of the day i finally got all my signals and hazards to work properly. although, i didn't use 4 wires and the turn signalswork whether or not the ignition is on... :shrug:

thanks disco and justin. :D

p.s.- if anyone happens to need a scan of a 93 gp c202 connector just ask.

I'm looking at a 1998 Monte Carlo (I can't go any older...GM doesn't have anything newer online).........it doesn't have a connector 202.

Maybe you have the wrong one connector? How many pins does it have?

Nice diagram! I have a pic you can use:

column8.jpg

Don't know if that'll help you any but it's from a 95 Regal (which should be the same as any 95-99 Monte...)

Yeah, I'd like the functions of all the wires for the turn signal switch part of that bulk connnector. Im going to try to by-pass the brake lights going through the turn signal switch when it warms up, if I can.

hey discostudd and justin. i'm confused now. the picture discostudd put up with the line pointing to the 13-pin blade conflicts with the pinouts on justin's scan. in justin's scan the a blade has 17 pins, and the one in disco's pic has 13 pins. disco, are you sure the blade you were referring to isn't for the windshield wipers?

and one more thing. i have a steering column from a 96 gp and one from a 97 cutlass. i'm not entirely sure which i'm using, but they both have the same wiring in the 17-pin blade neithre matches the pinouts in justin's scan. here's what both my columns have, tell me what you think:

a1 - purple - matches chevy on justin's scan?

a2 - lt. blue - matches scan

a3 - dark blue - doesn't match at all

a4 - yellow - matches scan

a5 - dk. green - matches scan

a6 - white - matches scan

a7 - black - matches scan

a8 - lt. green - matches scan

a9 - tan - matches scan

a10 - empty - matches scan

a11 - orange - matches chevy on scan?

a12 - pink - matches chevy on scan?

a13 - dark blue - matches female side of c202 on scan?

a14-a17 - all match

I'm fairly certain that's the signal switch. It's been over a year since I've replaced it, so I could be wrong. I'll have my GP's column apart this weekend to fix a broken cancelling cam spring, so I'll be sure to double check then. I do have some more pics you can peruse, though:

In this pic, you can see it in the background. It has the "marks" in Black Sharpie written on it.

column6.jpg

In this pic, you can see the wires running from the column to the harness:

column9.jpg

i got it figured out. you see those wires that are melted together and have white tape around them in the background of the 2nd pic? those are the turn signal wires. actually now i have a different, more interesting problem. i re-pinned that whole connector according to the info here and what i got from the stealership with some good, and some bad results.

the good is that my driver's side signals are working. the bad is that they work whether or not the ignition is on. also my p.s. rear signal isn't blinking at all. the flasher is cycling, but no lights from the back. i don't know how the hell i'm going to figure this one out. i'm tired and my hands and brain are cold, so i quit for tonight. any input is greatly appreciated though guys :D .

and thanks again for your help so far disco and justin 8)

oh and what does the white wire that says brake switch feed to turn signal switch do? is that the function that keeps the hazard signals from flashing when you hit the brakes?