back to site from dodge

JW

been away for a while,

had 88 CS, 89 GP then went to 2002 dodge neon (34mpg) turned out to be too small so i went back to w-body with a 2003 monte LS, for 32 advertised mpg from 180hp v-6. i hope this one is easier to work on than the previous w-bodies i had. time will tell.

only pic i have so far;

picatdealership.jpg

what engine is that???

im not up to date on the newer montes and such

3400/LA1

:D

But the 2.86 gears it's saddled with SUCK the big one (100mph in 2nd gear is quite doable).

There is a guy on MyMonte that has gotten one into the mid 15's with bolt-ons though (I, TB, H, E, UDP etc.....).

That car is very easy to work on.

Newer alternator mounting makes changing one a breeze. Plenty of room to drop down and get the lower nuts that hold down the coil packs. Tons of room to get the power steering pump off. Pretty much gravy as far as intake gaskets and head gaskets go.

Do you have the strut tower braces like the LA1 Impalas have?

i love the tall gears and thats why i didnt want the ss, i drive 40 to 50 thousand miles a year. shes my highway cruiser.

yes on the strut tower brace.

14k was the cost before trade and all.

i may use a K&N and dual exuast but i dont want to put anything on that will consume more fuel.

whats a dch computer? ive been looking at power tuners and havent seen one for the 3400 monte