new to the group trying to make my lumina more luxury

the duke and me

if anyone has any suggestions for me i have a 92 lumina sedan and im trying to make it more like a luxery car.i have noticed a lack of anything for luminas in general.links,suggetions,or just comments are welcome.

Luxury car, eh? You can always swap in leather seats from another 1st gen. W-body. Depending on how much you know about wiring, you could always put in a DIC and an HUD. Speakers, stereo, etc. are a definate upgrade if you want luxury.

With my Lumina I've noticed a lack of power options... although it does have a good amount.

Some missing I've noticed:

- No power exterior mirrors

- Doesn't have power seats (swapping in other seats may help this)

- I want to put in a rearview mirror with the outside temp and compass like in the newer Yukons, Suburban etc. (The wiring is already there, just need to change out mirrors, I guess you'd loose your map lights though :cry:

- Putting in a security system, or remote starter, keyless entry, or all three in one small package is always a nice add-on.

- As mentioned above a good stereo is a must

- Depending on your car, getting somemore horsepower and torque out of the engine is always good, however if you have the 3.1 like me I've been told there are really bolt ons to help anytinhg...

- Find a console to swap in with some god damn cup holders!

- I guess you could also change your headlight lenses and put in some HIDs, that always signals a luxury car coming towards me when I see them.

If I knew doing the above upgrades to my car would help with the resale any, or if I knew my car was worth anything.. and as always if I had the money I'd do the above upgrades to my Lumina.. but I don't lol..

That's all I can think of right now...

- Jeff L.

1st leather seats

2nd console shifter

3rh get self dimming mirror with temp in it

4th tint

5th chrome duel exhaust

6th chrome rims dont go too big just so it looks stock but chrom

7th HUD from a CUtty

8th change steering wheel for something with airbag just for looks

9th if paint is bad repaint it

10th HIDS

11th Put a nice radio but something that looks stock like 2002 chevy radio

12th and if you know how to do this change whole dash from a CS.

sorry friend, i have tried as much as a man can to try and make my lumi a little more luxury, it's just not gonna happen! Trust me i've tried.

I've been working on this car for a while now and i still need leather seat covers (katzkin) floor shifter and console, and a major detail job on the engine. Later Jay

i do think you can buy the compass/temp. mirrors w/the maps. HUD, well, i can help, any hud before 94 works best. console, i'd say any pre 97 GTP, ask stevezasycho

8th change steering wheel for something with airbag just for looks

why??? personally i enjoy being able to see my gauges. i mean if your cars got an airbag then by all means keep it, but if not why would you want a big bulky wheel blocking your gauges.

i think those steering wheels are repulsive, along with Grand Prix 88-93 wheels, and cutlass, hell, all the old wbody steering wheels were awful, now the 92-93 grand am wheels are nice, and i LOVE the 99+GT leather wrapped ones, omg, there big and thick and feel so good on ur hands

i think those steering wheels are repulsive, along with Grand Prix 88-93 wheels, and cutlass, hell, all the old wbody steering wheels were awful, now the 92-93 grand am wheels are nice, and i LOVE the 99+GT leather wrapped ones, omg, there big and thick and feel so good on ur hands

Do you think about cars when you touch yourself?

About this rearview mirror, so someone mentioned that you can get one with temp/compass and the map lights.. anyone ever does this? Any pics, and which cars have the mirrors with maps, compass and temp?

Also, I had mentioned lack of power side view mirrors.. is there any way to make them powered? Maybe swap in ones from a second gen. would it work??

Just a few questions.. this forum has got me thinking about the rearview mirror for sure lol..

- Jeff L.

Sorry, did a search and found my answer.. so I need to find a rearview mirror from a nwerer Impala with a moon roof and I should have auto dimming, compass, temperature, and map lights!!

Anything on power side view mirrors? Did the gen. 1.5 Lumina's have power side mirrors and would they work on a first gen. Lumina? I'd probably have to change out the shields from my car to the newer ones...and find some power to splice into, maybe power windows before the switch. I'm not planning this upgrade, but just in case I'd like some info if it is possible to do.Thanks!!

- Jeff L.

Anything on power side view mirrors? Did the gen. 1.5 Lumina's have power side mirrors and would they work on a first gen. Lumina? I'd probably have to change out the shields from my car to the newer ones...and find some power to splice into, maybe power windows before the switch. I'm not planning this upgrade, but just in case I'd like some info if it is possible to do.Thanks!!

- Jeff L.

Just take the ones off a 1st Gen W-body Grand Prix. They'll fit. Wiring is pretty simple. 4 or 6 wires for each side IIRC.

the easiest way to get luxury out of a Lumina is to sell it and buy a Regal :read:

well not really...Lumina Euros and Z34s have pretty good options when fully equipped. Although they still lack some options that only Pontiac, Buick, and Olds had. It seems as though Chevy always gets the last of the new cool improvements. I'm with everyone that mentioned a reasonable mod that you can do to make your Lumina more luxury.

BTW, do you got pics of your Lumina? it always helps to see what we are dealing with.

Find a Regal or Cutty in your local junkyard. Take every interior part you can get out of it, and remember how they're wired. Put them in your car. Some GPs have the same stuff, but I think if you're going for lux, you should seek Regals and Cutty's first.