Cutty Repair Update

SigEpCutlass

I don't see my original post so here we go.

Well here's an update:

The cutty is all fixed up and looks great. You can see a before and after below. The total damage was just over $500. Oh yea my deductable is $250...and my insurance company is fighting nationwide to get it from them. :mad:

Before:

DSCF0575.jpg

DSCF0576.jpg

After:

cuttyafter2.jpg

cuttyafter1.jpg

cuttyafter.jpg

I wish they coulda fixed the gap under the right tail light, but the bumper is slightly deformed. It woulda been well over a grand for a new bumper which apparently my company couldn't justify due to the small amount of damage. They mounted it straight like it shoulda been so that's why there's a gap. I'm pleased with the paint work however. I guess it's gonna have to do ...

is it the bumper that's deformed, or the bumper cover? If it's the bumper, why not just hit up a yard and find a sedan that had a front collision? (yeah, I know it may be too late now, but thought it might be helpful :-X)

It's the core.

Make note of the space between rear light and bumper cover.

Check to make sure the bumper cover's tabs are properly seated in the slots and that the cover is sitting proper over the inner core.

If not ... then

Remove the bumper cover.

Use a rubber mallet and knock the core into place the amount by which it was out.

Strikes should be placed about the area and corner on the side the bumper is out. I dont think that bumper is out by that much.

Remount bumper cover.

It should line up.

it's actually just the cover that is damaged slightly. If the core was damaged, the adjuster was going to give me a whole new bumper. The guys tried to realign it correctly, but it's slightly deformed. I'm okay with it. Maybe when it gets warm out I'll try messing with it to see if I can somehow make it any better.

looks much better, not just replace that center trunk panel to with one that isn't flaking...

i have gone to the three yards I know of around me a few time to get a new panel and I have not been able to find one. I did make out with a new right taillight tho. The two cars I have found that have one have been in the same condition (peeling). I found another, but the plastic had a crack in it from an accident. if someone either has one or knows of one in a yard, i'll pay for it. just pm me.

Any chance to just gently pop it apart?

Scrape whats left of whatever was on the back that made it grey.

Paint it white on the back and put it back on.

I dont know how those are put together since I have 2 coupes.

Any chance to just gently pop it apart?

Scrape whats left of whatever was on the back that made it grey.

Paint it white on the back and put it back on.

I dont know how those are put together since I have 2 coupes.

that's actually the thing i haven't done yet. Does anyone know if i can do that. I'd be more than willing to do that, but I was hesistant to take it off since I'd no idea how the inside was.

I have actually heard that they are hard to find in good shape....I have never seen one in person, is there any possibility of taking it apart and respraying it white?

i dunno you tell me :D