poice package

JMo60

what W body cars had a police package? GM has a different computer code for the police package... Does anyone know the difference in performance, or any information on this? The code is for 95 W bodys, so it was probably an obd 1.5,,,

95-97 Lumina 9C3 - Equipped with the 3100. Slow as hell.

98-99 Lumina 9C3 - Equipped with the 3800 and Recaro bucket seats (also dual exhaust.)

00-05+ Impala 9C1 - 3800, standard Impala buckets, duals...

http://www.keymotorsusa.com usually has an Impala or 2 listed, and sometimes has Loomies as well...

The Peterson Air Force Base Police Department has about 20-30 Lumina LTZs that they use for on base police/security. They are equipped with the 3.4L DOHC.

They like to through principles like "having an easily maintainable fleet" out the window eh?

The Peterson Air Force Base Police Department has about 20-30 Lumina LTZs that they use for on base police/security. They are equipped with the 3.4L DOHC.

They like to through principles like "having an easily maintainable fleet" out the window eh?

Apparantly.

The first "Special Service Package" W-body was the 1992 Lumina. It had the 3.1 MPFI and did 0-100 in 46 seconds. The Taurus easily walked it in every test. In fact, the only car to be faster than the 1991 Taurus at the Michigan State Police tests was the new '91 5.7L Caprice. The best police package Lumina was the 1998 and 1999 b/c it had the 3800.

CLICK HERE:http://members.fortunecity.com/copcarsite/lumina.html

Years available: 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999

that is awesome as hell!! can you get some pics of these cars? i would love to get a couple full pics for a friend of mine who is really into policing and used to own a 98 MC, oh and of course for me too!

that is awesome as hell!! can you get some pics of these cars? i would love to get a couple full pics for a friend of mine who is really into policing and used to own a 98 MC, oh and of course for me too!

I'd love to, unfortunately the Air Force doesn't seem to keen on letting a 19yr old kid with a digital camera onto their bases :roll:

So if I can ever get on I will, but I aint takin no pics, I'll get an M16 to my head faster than an Arab on a commercial jet.

I had a 1991 Olds Cutlass that was ordered as a police car but it came in the wrong color so insted of sending it back the dealer ordered a different set of cars for the department and put hubcaps on the three they ordered and sold them as regular cars.

The Dealer got three in in Bright Metalic Blue when they where supost to be something like midnight blue or something...

it was a 3.1L with a 4t60-I Tranny My Cutlass topped out at 137MPH and it didnt take 46secs to get to 100MPH.

My Firend Mark had a 92 Lumina with the Police package and his topped out at 119MPH....and had the same Tranny... his was used as a intown Police car where mine was ordered as a Hwy Patrol car.

they where Basic cars with Just power windows locks and Cruise.

Some place in Canada has/had '94-96 GP sedans in their fleet.
I remember the Minnesota State Patrol had a white GP sedan for an unmarked vehicle (but they had a small "State Patrol" badge on the door) back around 91 or 92...

For the Impala there is the 9C1 and 9C3 packages available and I believe that has been the case for many years. Main difference is bench seat split 60/40 in the 3 and buckets in the 1. Check the link for more information that you could possible want regarding the fleet vehicles offered by GM

http://www.gmfleet.com/us/products/specialized/police/index.html

Our NC State Troopers have now gone with the striped black and silver Impala and they look pretty awesome...when you don't have one behind you!!!!!

For the Impala there is the 9C1 and 9C3 packages available and I believe that has been the case for many years. Main difference is bench seat split 60/40 in the 3 and buckets in the 1. Check the link for more information that you could possible want regarding the fleet vehicles offered by GM

http://www.gmfleet.com/us/products/specialized/police/index.html

Our NC State Troopers have now gone with the striped black and silver Impala and they look pretty awesome...when you don't have one behind you!!!!!

Yeah, that is slick:

nc501.jpg

Here's our Michigan State Police:

mich139.jpg

Another nice Impala from Minnesota:

mn121.jpg