Mucking with the headlights, IE... cutting them open

v0idbmx

To keep it short I want to cut the front off my headlights (just the outer most part) and replace it with a clean piece of polycast acrylic, like newer cars. I hate the way it has ridges all over the front that diffuse the light and I have bigger ideas for the lights.

I already know it won't be legal, but not to many things about my car are.

I'm not even sure why I'm asking because I will probably do it anyway.

unless your going with projectors or HIDs its not safe to replace the plastic/glass with non ridged material since those ridges inside them help put the light where it needs to be.

unless your going with projectors or HIDs its not safe to replace the plastic/glass with non ridged material since those ridges inside them help put the light where it needs to be.

:werd: x2

It isn't a matter of it being illegal, it's a matter of you being able to see at night at ALL.

NOT a good idea.

There's a reason for the diamond-looking pattern on the reflector of a car with free-form headlights (free-form = non-projector headlights with smooth clear lens).

But since you're gonna do it anyway, it'll be a lot easier and safer to do on plastic-lensed headlights than glass-lensed ones. If yours has glass lenses, you can pick up some cheap plastic headlights that fit. I got a pair off Ebay for $16 shipped.