GM sucks at painting cars!

TeeJay3800

The GP has the same prob. I agree with who ever said " I never see it on the Black cars just the Blues, Reds, And Whites." That is also something I have noticed. I have new paint on the roof of my car but am painting the whole car soon, new primer too. Taking it down to the bare metal. It was all 87-95 cars that had the prob. Gm new about after a few years too. what a shame.

Anyone notice how all these problems are with white and blue cars??? the ones i see that peel all seem to be either white or blue. I know the paint was peeled pretty bad on my white '88 but the Medium Garnet Red on my '94 still looks GREAT on the metal but the plastic is a little dulled.

Anyone notice how all these problems are with white and blue cars??? the ones i see that peel all seem to be either white or blue. I know the paint was peeled pretty bad on my white '88 but the Medium Garnet Red on my '94 still looks GREAT on the metal but the plastic is a little dulled.

Paint is peeling on my silver 89.

the only paint defect that my Euro has is scratch marks in the paint, and it's 14 years old...but that really doesn't matter any cause it's getting repainted soon. could your cars have gotten repainted before you aquired them? maybe it's just the newer paint that is flaking off.

the only paint defect that my Euro has is scratch marks in the paint, and it's 14 years old...but that really doesn't matter any cause it's getting repainted soon. could your cars have gotten repainted before you aquired them? maybe it's just the newer paint that is flaking off.

No, GM has had this problem since the 80s.. Because of "Environmental concerns" they had to change their practices.. Priming, etc.. And it REALLYseems to impact the Reds, Blues, and WHites.. The reason silvers did that isbecause silver is based off of blue and white.. It mainly comes down to the clear coat not sticking to the paint and primer..