Anyone remove the plastic body trim on an early 90s Cutlass

v0idbmx

I want to remove the grey trim around the bottom of my 1990 Cutlass but I haven't looked at it yet and would like to know if it is just glued on or bolted on, any help would be appericated.

'90 Cutlass Supreme 3.1 v6, 2 door...

365339_152_full.jpg

It isn't that I don't like it, it's because I'm doing a ton of body work and the side skirts just aren't going to match up with the plastic.

I'd look myself but there is 2' of snow around my car.

It would look kinda cheesy and stripped down... Like a base model.

You might even have studs hanging out the door from where the bracketry bolts up to the car....

Don't do it.....

ok those SL's have long plastic brackets behind the moldings, mounted vertically. Each bracket is held on by 2 studs that are attached to the sheetmetal. You remove them by taking out any screws (on the back side of the door), then push the moldings "up" and pull the top of the molding towards you. The rear 1/4 molding you can "slide" forward, with the door open. The front fender piece has a 12mm nut on the back side of it holding it on. Remove the fender splash shield (a few 7mm bolts) then you can get to it.

i took off my side moulding and believe me i wish i had not. the metal studs run all the way down the side of the car and were a pita to remove. if you do plan on removing the moulding get a good grinder and be ready to take a lot of time