outside door handle

3.1LUMITIC

damn outside driver side door handle broke last night but the handle didnt fall off its on the inside of the door where i broke. the story door iced in jams pulled door handle heard pop :evil: an the door handle went loose is there anywhere i can find this part cheap? :?: thanks later

not much you can do about it, theres aftermarket replacements out there, but from what i hear they aren't much better. i just modified my door opening habits, just pull the handle enough to pop the door open the pull it the rest of the way by the door frame, that makes the handle last much longer.

yeah i had to replace my driver side handle the other day. the parts are all over, at least around here. i bought a new replacement for $45 from a junk yard but you can find them on ebay for $20 or pull a used on out of the junk yard for the same or a little more. they are really easy to replace. it took me less than 10 minutes. I know i paid too much for my part but i was sick of runnin around lookin and i didnt wanna wait to have it shipped to me off ebay.

Damn, every J/Y that I check out never has any door handles on any W coupe. The only handles I have ever found are on L bodys :(
:werd: Same here. I don't think I've ever seen a W-Body coupe with its handles still on the car in all of my J/Y travels. Makes it a pain trying to fish out the "unlatch" rod when you want to get into one of the cars with the missing handles...

i went to the jukyard one day and found a nice back seat cushion but the handels were missing ioff of the car so i opend the trunk with a screwdriver and go in through the trunk but getting back tho the story both of the hndels were snapped off..... gotta love that high quality pot metaql they use for the handles :D

the j/y i bought my new part from had one in the yard but, for some reason, the guy didnt wanna seperate it from the door because the door was still good. :shrug: i guess the cheapest route to go is ebay. 17-20 bucks plus shipping.

I just replaced my driver side door handle last night. Was a little bit of work, considering how cold it was and I did it in my driveway. Nothing broken, but I did manage to drive a screwdriver into my thumb while I was trying to pry a clip loose.

I got my door handle from http://www.1aauto.com/. They claim to make clone door handles with higher quality metal than the factory. The only thing about the replacement, is on the arm part that usually breaks, my old one had a slot where some kind of electronic toggle sat. There was no slot on the new one, even though the mounting holes were there for the piece. It doesn't seem to change operation, so I didn't do anything about it.

Oh, and the piece for my 89 TGP cost me $32 shipped.

well i guess its good to be 6'7" tall so i can just open the pass. door reach over and pop the drive door open "looking like a jackass at the same time with ppl watching" an the 2 thing wrong with the door is that the door lock doesnt unlock with the key thank the lord for electric locks :wink:

damn outside driver side door handle broke last night but the handle didnt fall off its on the inside of the door where i broke. the story door iced in jams pulled door handle heard pop :evil: an the door handle went loose is there anywhere i can find this part cheap? :?: thanks later

I've got an extra one I took off a Lumina a while back, it's yours for 10 bucks + shipping.

well heres my zip 48051 if you could find out how much s/h is for me and is it the driver side handle and did it come off an 2 door ive heard he 2 door and 4 door are not the same thanks

well heres my zip 48051 if you could find out how much s/h is for me and is it the driver side handle and did it come off an 2 door ive heard he 2 door and 4 door are not the same thanks

It's a 2D/coupe handle, off the drivers' side.

UPS is calling it 7.60 based on my estimate of weight & packaging(unless you want it next day air lol 67 dollars), so call it 20 bucks paypal to nohc[removeme]@charter.net and I'll get it out as soon as I can get to a dropoff point. Email me with your address.

NA thats allright with the 67 next day shit rip off but next question is "sighs" how to use paypal :lol: :oops:

Well, snail-mail me a check and I'll ship it.

Email me and I'll get you my address.