Louver position on the hood

91GPSTE

Someone with a GP that has FACTORY louvers, can you measure the location of the louvers on the hood and let me know? Here is a picture of what I am after. I know it's impossible to measure the location of the holes unless you take the louvers off so I just need the louver location.

c5f18cb4.jpg

You might have the factory locations outline on the bottom of the hood under the black mat.

I very highly doubt it. There is a guy in town with a '90 N/A STE and his hood looks completely different than mine underneath, because I figured it would be the same thing.

Shawn

You might have the factory locations outline on the bottom of the hood under the black mat.

I very highly doubt it. There is a guy in town with a '90 N/A STE and his hood looks completely different than mine underneath, because I figured it would be the same thing.

Shawn

anyways life isnt that easyh so dont expect it! What kind of saw and other tools are you thinking of using? remember to measure twice :D

That might be a hard measurement to get, I just tried to do it and there might be some variablilty in my numbers.

from the corner of the hood to the corner of the louver was 14.25 inches

the back of the louver to the back of the hood is 9.75 or so, the weather strip on the back of the hood makes an accurate measure difficult.

The louver does not run parralell to the edge of the hood, but it does run parallel with the crease on the inner part of the hood. I will give you the measurement from the side of the hood to the side of the louver from front to back

the front of the louver to the edge of the hood is 3.75. from the back of the louver is 2 and 5/8.

That hood in your picture doesn't look right to me, the louver holes are too close to the center of the hood. My louver is 3/4 of an inch away from the creases in the hood.

Mine is a 90 though I thought I heard that they changed the louvers and made them smaller after 90 or so.

Hope this helps:

hood.jpg

Thanks a lot. Just what I needed. Just wondering when you got the 9.75 was that from the edge of the weather strip or in front of the strip on the hood?

And I am using one of those wheel grinders to make the holes. Perfect cut and no worries.

oh yeah, on the Lumina at least, if you take off the black mat under the hood you'll see that all the hoods are layed out the same except the Z34 has been cut out in those spots to make space for the louvers

Thanks a lot. Just what I needed. Just wondering when you got the 9.75 was that from the edge of the weather strip or in front of the strip on the hood?

And I am using one of those wheel grinders to make the holes. Perfect cut and no worries.

It was 9.75 to the edge of the hood, I eyeballed it and estimated. If I would have measured to the end of the weatherstrip it would be 10 inches I think. I can re check tommorow if you need me to.

That hood in your picture doesn't look right to me

That's because it's a 94-96 hood pictured, so it has smaller louvers.

90TGP, the NA hoods will not have any type of lines or anything on them to show where to cut. I'll take a picture of my louverless hood on my 93 after I finish cleaning it up(haven't cleaned it all that well since I removed the insulation a while back, household powdered "Comet" in the green cannisters works wonders on stained underhood paint. 8) )