new to the game

01blckGTP

hey guys - i just bought a 2001 grand prix GTP special edition - i have really no experience with these cars and im just lookin for some good resources on moding and just overal info on the car - i would love any help thanks

yeah thanks guys - the more the better lol im a forum whore lol i think i belong to like 8 car forums lol

And you've never had anyone mention your grammar skills...Or lack thereof?

And by the way, lol does not replace a period.

yeah thanks guys - the more the better lol im a forum whore lol i think i belong to like 8 car forums lol

I'm surprised you're a member of so many forums and nobody's mentioned your complete lack of tact and common sense...

..oh wait.

I'm surprised you're a member of so many forums and nobody's mentioned your complete lack of tact and common sense...

..oh wait.

nnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicccccccccccceeeeeeeeeeeee

anyway...welcome to the place :)

well thanks to those who decided not to make fun of me - im sorry if my grammar isnt up to par - i didnt really think it mattered that much, but ill work on it - sorry for posting in the wrong place ill get the hang of it - and just a question, im thinkin firsts mods are gonna be intake and exhaust - what is eveyones opinions on which brands and types are better, and which are least pricey - couldnt go a whole post with out atleast one LOL

Best intake (pretty pricey though): (wizaired)

dff417.jpg

You can make a fenderwell alot cheaper but according to the tests the wizair out performs them all.

For exhaust I would get the u-bend (around $50) done and also put in a 180 t-stat.

Ubend gone:

dff398.jpg

Then I would see if anyone around you has a scanner and check the kr on your car. If you have very little you can probaly put on a smaller pulley.

Don't worry about the grammer nazi's, we can't all be perfect like them.

yeah i like the wizaired's and i been lookin at the thrasher intake as well - ive heard good things about both - and just a question with the u-bend delete, intake, and t-stat w/ a 3.4 pulley what kinda #'s would i be makin - like hp wise and 1/4mile times???