Cutty problems already!

luminator94

I've got a beautiful grinding noise coming from the rear driver's brakes, gonna pull the wheel tomorrow and see what the hell is going on, I HATE GM brakes, all of them!!! Also, today when I washed the car, my rocket emblem on the front fascia broke into little bitty pieces! Gonna find out how much that costs tomorrow to, cuz it looks dumb with that empty spot right there! I'm more concerned about the brakes though, hopefully its not a caliper problem.

Aaron

Well, ordered my new emblem today, cost 21.99 :shock: And for my brakes, the rear caliper is sticking pretty bad. Autozones website shows a price of 60 bucks plus a 75 dollar core, for a reman! :shock: I would have thought that the front calipers would be much more then the rear, but the front calipers are only 28 plus a 30 core, wtf!?

Aaron

Probably due to that damn integrated park brake that GM doesn't use anymore because they had a tendency to stick!

Bummer on the caliper price. I don't know if Autozone gives a lifetime warranty, but if not, I know a seller on Ebay by the name of "bargainland" sells fully loaded calipers and they usually go around $30-ish.

Could be worse. They could be Chrysler brakes.

I'd rather have one chrysler brake to share between my 2 GM cars than all 8 brakes on them now. Thats how bad I think GM W-Body brakes suck!!!!!

-Tom

Yeah, I know all to well about them bolts on the calipers, lol. My dad was having caliper problems on his 2000 Silverado, it took him 4 days to finally get 2 bolts off, there was alot of swearing and PB Blast involved, LOL. I think I might just say screw it and let Monroe do the work after I get the part, I just got a shit load of coupons from them.

Aaron

I can post the part number tomorrow afternoon, to damn cold for me to go outside right now, lol. But I bought the emblem right through my local Olds dealer.

Aaron