how many times a week do you wash your car?

toastemcutlass

how many times a week do you wash your car?  

1. 1. how many times a week do you wash your car?

I wash my car once a week in the winter and at least twice a week in the summer and my friends call me nuts but black cars look best when their clean. just wondering how normal I am

i cant vote right now cuz i dont drive right now, but i would prolly wash my car about once a month to every 2 weeks. But holy shit, now that i just discovered a self service car wash around here, i can guarantee ill be washing my car around 3 times a week, maybe more. i love those things so much

I faithfully wash my car at least 4 or 5 times a week in the summer, and about 3 times in the winter. I have to ride clean. I wash my car in the rain, or after the rain. Washing in rain is pretty cool, all i do is soap it up, and rain rinses it off, and shammy it down after the rain.

I wash it If I go out on Friday, Or Saturday nights, and Again for Church Sunday morning! No I am not crazed, But a tru Grand Prix Enthuisiest!!!

I wash both of my cars at least 3 times a week in the summer/spring/fall. They are both black, so they need it to look good. In addition, almost ev ery time (2 out of 3) that I wash, I also wax. Every month or so I do the full strip/prep/glaze/wax deal, and use just wax to keep them up between washes. It works quite well.

-Tom

I try to wash my Cutlass once a week. It usually ends up on sunday, shortly after Church, Ill wash Debs truck and my car. I was trying to do it last week, but was not able to finsih putting on some paint cleaner and the wax. So today (since its the only day above 40 for a while), Im going to wash her when I get home, use some paint cleaner, the some Meguiars Gold Class wax. Since Christmas, I have used some MEguiars Quik Detail, but only once, when about to go out with debs.

This ummer, I will prob take the car to a professional detailer friend of ours and have him strip it and make it all pretty. Way to many swirls marks for me now. Actually when I put some of that paint cleaner on it last week, most of them came out. The only thing is that doing it by hand takes to long, and I usually put to much on when using the buffer. Ill prob just use much less than usu. on the buffer, and then use some Corn Starch when removing it today (gets more of the wacx of, which in turn leaves less swirls and fine scratches.

Jon

PS - Ill take some pics when Im done too :D

Whenever time permits or weather permits (this season at least)

I used to wash the lumina at least once a week, so I'm guessing the Cutlass (and the GP if I get it) will get the same treatment. I hate having filthy cars so their usually cleaned pretty often.

I couldn't answer the poll with only one answer. I wash my Camaro any time its visibly dirtier than when it rolled out of the spray booth in the paint shop. If it doesn't look "wet" then it needs a wash. I try to maintain a show-ready look.

If its sunny out,my car doesn't stay dirty. Then again, the Lumina is my winter beater so I really don't give it much attention, but it still gets washed at least once a month and it stays clean all summer.

Usually about once a week in good weather, sometimes every two weeks when I'm feeling really lazy. I try to do it around the weather, washing on the first no precip day on a stretch with no predicted rain. Always seems to end up raining anyway, just enough drizzle to make spots on the paint :evil:. Right now my car looks like crap, haven't washed it in over a month, and the weather isn't predicted to go above freezing anytime in the next two weeks, so won't be doing it until at least that long. It's driving me crazy.

I just took my car to the car wash last week to spray it off after about 2 months. Havent wash it since mid fall. I always wash it home only during the winter I take it somewere to spray it off. I dont keep track how often I wash the car, but I do spray it every 1 or every 2 weeks or if birds carp on it or after a rain.