Temperature Motor Actuator?

tloftus

Hey guys, since the cold has hit I'm having problems with my heater. The slide that moves from cool to hot in my 89 Cutty isn't doing anything! I can't hear the motor move the air door and all I get is cold air. Yesterday I left it in the garage all day and the thing moved like it should, heater got hot. So needless to say I've just left it on hot so if it gets stuck I can still get some heat, but I'd like to get that motor replaced but can't find a part number or where to buy it (besides the "free jar of vasaline" dealership, $50 bucks, wham!). Here's the description from alldatadiy.com:

TEMPERATURE MOTOR ACTUATOR

This system utilizes a bi-directional DC temperature valve motor. This motor operates on signals from the A/C control assembly that result from inputs from the in-vehicle and outside air temperature sensors and the set temperature. As the motor turns, it moves a link rod connected to the temperature valve in the Heater, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) module to obtain the correct blend of heated air from the heater and cooled air from the Air Conditioning (A/C) evaporator.

If anyone has any experience with this thing sticking I'd appriciate any help!

Thanks,

Tom

The temperature motor actuator is under the passenger side of the dash. If you get under there you'll see a vaccum actuator with a large hose plugged into it, right behind that there's a little black box with a cable going to it with 3 wires. That's the motor you need (I've been monitoring your thread also). It could also be the door itself stuck, I'm going to go out later tonight and see if I can figure how to get that thing out of there.

tempdoor.gif

http://www.tom-loftus.com/tempdoor.gif (Right-Click Save-As)

Hopefully that pic works, my hosting service sucks. It's labeled 'AIR TEMPERATURE VALVE MOTOR'

Tom

I got the motor out, that's definately the problem, the little electric motor (like in a kids RC car) is siezed up. The part number on the module is: '16052131' also the manufacturer's name 'BUEHLER' and that's about it. A google search and a search of GMPARTSDIRECT.COM and I can't find anything. Anyone had any luck finding this part at Advance / AutoZone / or anything like that?

Tom