keyless entry module

boechler14

i was wondering if anyone knew where this was and if there was any way to test it because the guys at the shop i work at figured it was shorting out or grounding but they didnt know where it was in my car...

i was wondering if anyone knew where this was and if there was any way to test it because the guys at the shop i work at figured it was shorting out or grounding but they didnt know where it was in my car...

To test it, ground out the connector in the trunk, it should move the locks on all the doors. If not, its broken. Its a single wire connector, near the antenna behind the carpet walls in the trunk

My Cutlass came with the remote entry also. I haven't tested it to see if it works. Is there a way I can get another remote, since I didn't get the one for my car from the previous owner?

I also noticed 2 boxes of something attached to the back of the back seat, they can be seen from the trunk area. Does anyone know what they are for? I have seen them on other W-bodies while I was at the junkyard.

I also noticed 2 boxes of something attached to the back of the back seat, they can be seen from the trunk area. Does anyone know what they are for? I have seen them on other W-bodies while I was at the junkyard.

I believe those are the seatbelt retractor modules, or something having to do with the seat belt system.

Yah my drivers side keyless entry stoped working as well as the power button in the car..havent got around to stripping the door to look at it with all this crazy weather

Yah my drivers side keyless entry stoped working as well as the power button in the car..havent got around to stripping the door to look at it with all this crazy weather

That sounds more like a fuse issue.