Exhaust Tip Alignment

Mizouse

I've only had my 02 Grand Prix GT for a few weeks now and the exhaust tips are driving me crazy. The right one is hanging about an inch to an inch and a half lower than the left. Both feel like they are mounted solidly, nothing is moving around. Is there a way to adjust the heights of the exhausts via the hangers or, well, any other way?

Is it actually the exhaust tip that is out of line or one side of the exhaust system? If it's one side of the exhaust hanging lower, it's a hanger/bushing issue as Heza suggested. The stock tips can be removed(they're clamped on, and then you have to pull them out...it's a bit of a pain, I'd try taking a rubber mallet/hammer and hitting the one out of line to see if you can line it back up)/moved around if they're in fact out of alignment.

Well, fortunately, no crowbar was necessary. I finally found a good reference for fixing the problem. Worked really well. Just got 4 3 inch hose clamps and wraped them around the rubber hangers. Just tighten them down as needed and the tail pipes come right up. Can even adjust left and right a little. And since they are just on the rubber hanger, they won't rattle and the rubber hanger is still intact.

http://www.oqcgp.com/forum/kb.php?mode=article&k=8

Before I found this article I was under the car with a hammer, trying to get the hangers to move a little. Wow, what a chore. This was so much easier.