Weird problem

rshissler

Well after my car sat for about a week when i was redoing my interior. i took her out for a ride. got maybe 1/3 mile away from my house and the car shut off! i tried restartin it and it wouldn't start. so i walked to my place thinkin maybe no gas (fuel gauge is broke) i got back and got some gas walked back and put maybe 2 gallons in and then she started right up. took her back to the house and then went and got 5 gallons more gas and went to put it in and the gas would only fill up the filler hose then over flow. so i waited awhile then tried again and the same thing happend only the hose would fill up. i did this a few more times, got maybe 3 gallons in and then it tank was full cuz no more would go in cuz it would over flow no matter how long i waited. so i was like wtf. drove around for 4 days then put like 7 gallons in of gas and it all went in fine without a problem. Anyone what the fuck caused it to shut off cuz their was enough gas in it and while the hose was doing that?

how did the car die? cuz when they run out of gas they usally dont just stop dead, they studder and make you think you have a mis fire. if it just dyied instantly, could it be the positive post under the hood, maybe when you were working on your interior you added somthing to the post that you jump the car from? i know i added a wire to that and didnt tighten it all the way, and when it wouldnt make contact the car would just die then seconds later i could start it up again....just a thought...describe a little more on what happened maybe i can help and for the filling the gas part, did you stick the nosel in were it opens the little door, cuz if you dont it takes gas really slow

i guess check the aux post and see if the nut is tight, mine wasnt and my headlights would cut in and out. get a new fuel sending unit and see if that fixes the guage prob

Thats about all i can explain about it. I came to a stop and it died then i hit the gas cuz i didn't notice and it just coasted to the side of the road. I tried restarting it maybe 3 or 4 times and it wouldn't start. The only thing i added was 2 blue neons but i connected them to a wire i had already in their for other neons. Yes it was down past the door flap thinger. it took maybe a gallon to fill the neck before it overflowed so im guessin it was something down inside. My mom said it happened to her old car and they had to replace some kinda door inside the tank at the bottom of the hose cuz it got stuck. Any clue about that?

Thats about all i can explain about it. I came to a stop and it died then i hit the gas cuz i didn't notice and it just coasted to the side of the road. I tried restarting it maybe 3 or 4 times and it wouldn't start. The only thing i added was 2 blue neons but i connected them to a wire i had already in their for other neons. Yes it was down past the door flap thinger. it took maybe a gallon to fill the neck before it overflowed so im guessin it was something down inside. My mom said it happened to her old car and they had to replace some kinda door inside the tank at the bottom of the hose cuz it got stuck. Any clue about that?

ummm are you sure you don't mean a clogged fuel filter?

ummm are you sure you don't mean a clogged fuel filter?

What would a fuel filter have to do with filling the tank??