Coupe seats in a sedan

Dirty Rockstar

I want to add a coupe rear bench into my 4 door.. Can someone show me what the problem area(s) will be specifically? Like.. A Pic would be nice.. You guys rock.. Thanks!

sorry that this is off topic, but is the Lumina alive?

BTW I think one of the problem areas about the rear seat is the upper part of the seat near the sides of the car.

I want to add a coupe rear bench into my 4 door.. Can someone show me what the problem area(s) will be specifically? Like.. A Pic would be nice.. You guys rock.. Thanks!

I tried putting a 90 GP coupe rear seat in my old 92 sedan, mainly for the center pass through. The coupe seatback was wider than the sedan, and the bolt holes on the bottom didnt line up, the coupe seatback sat higher. The coupe seat bottom didnt even come close to working

Fuck shit . THe deal is someone is trading a car w/ leather.. I can get the seats, but the issue is is that the car is a coupe.. Should I nab up the whole set, and offer up the rear bench for sale or trade toward a 4 door one? I WANT LEATHER!! lol

Guest TurboSedan

i tried putting quad buckets from an International coupe in my Cutlass sedan and it didn't look right at all. the coupe seats are too narrow leaving an ugly space between the doors and the seat. they also wouldn't bolt right in IIRC. i finally ditched them and bought leather seats from an International sedan. the coupe seats had a really small center pass-thru, whereas the sedan seats completely fold down for access to the trunk.

fwiw, i kinda liked the coupe front seats in my sedan, they fold forward :lol:

I tried putting a 90 GP coupe rear seat in my old 92 sedan, mainly for the center pass through. The coupe seatback was wider than the sedan, and the bolt holes on the bottom didnt line up, the coupe seatback sat higher. The coupe seat bottom didnt even come close to working

Steve, if you really want it that bad Im sure you could fab something up to make it work. Just watch American Choppers or Monster Garage and you'll feel that anything is possible :willynilly: !

...Do you forget who your talking to?.. I can make ANYTHING work.. That's not the issue.. But making it look RIGHT.. That is.. LOL.. I could do it though.. Ive made so much crap work that SHOULDNT.. lol..

Malibu, yes, coupe sets in a sedan kicks total ass!

I've got 'em.

1992 coupe leather in a 1992 LE sedan.

It's a tough fit, but it works. I have a gap between the top and bottom seats, and a gap big enough for a liter bottle on the back corners, and the seatbelt clips are sunk into the holes for them (not long enough), and the top is a little too wide, but the doors will close. It fits way funky, but doesn't look TOO off. I'd definitely rather have an STE backseat, or perhaps a CS backseat, but it does the trick.

thats true that you'd think...I ran into some troubles, trust me they're different. not by miles, but then to people like steve, its the inches in the details that are the most important part.

remember kids, if it isn't stock, it should still look stock.

Guest Anonymous
Steve, if you really want it that bad Im sure you could fab something up to make it work. Just watch American Choppers or Monster Garage and you'll feel that anything is possible :willynilly: !

-You know, we talked to Paulie and he said he was going to try and put coupe seats in a sedan.

-Vince was like wow those would so not fit. Coupe and sedan are totally different.

-But I was suprised, Paulie still seemed determined to put the coupe seats in. I wonder what he's got planned, but I;m sure we'll be suprised.

-Then Paulie was like [there are secret plans for the Euro] Now I wonder what he's really doingg. That seems like an aweful lot of work. Then he trough us a total curveball and said he;'s putting in a turbo 3.4. I really dont think we're gonna make the dealine at this rate with ppaulie changing everything around.

-You know, we talked to Paulie and he said he was going to try and put coupe seats in a sedan.

-Vince was like wow those would so not fit. Coupe and sedan are totally different.

-But I was suprised, Paulie still seemed determined to put the coupe seats in. I wonder what he's got planned, but I;m sure we'll be suprised.

-Then Paulie was like [there are secret plans for the Euro] Now I wonder what he's really doingg. That seems like an aweful lot of work. Then he trough us a total curveball and said he;'s putting in a turbo 3.4. I really dont think we're gonna make the dealine at this rate with ppaulie changing everything around.

:skep: WTF? That sounds vaguely familiar here.. Umm.. Yea..

Anyway, Im sure I COULD fab something up, but when it comes to the seats.. I don't know.. But hell.. If there's one thing I have proven.. My best shot usually pays off.. Ross.. Elaborate on this when you DONT sound high.......... :?

remember kids, if it isn't stock, it should still look stock.

Yeah, it's easier said than done though. AFAIK, the only sedan leather out there is STE, CS, and Regal, and the Regal seats would look out of place in other cars. STE Leather is pretty hard to find. That leaves CS if you want it to fit right. GTP Coupes post-92 have the perfed seating, so that's different, and the shape is different. Front leather seats in GP coupes are either AQ9s or 6-way buckets, which I have. So, the fit is pretty far off in back, but it's not immediately apparent, and how often do you use the backseat anyway? I'd definitely choose comfortable front seats and an odd-fitting back over 2 cloth benches. Although the fit in back really bugs me sometimes. I think stevezasycho should look for CS leather if he cares about fit. They have the nice full fold down feature too, although you lose the tilting front seats, those come in handy for tossing stuff in back.

Some GP SE and GT sedans had leather as well.. Post 93.. I have GP Coupe seats in the Lumina I wrecked, and I like how they fold forward.. THe fronts arent at issue.. I am going to grab up the whole set, and see what I can do with the rear bench.. If I can't get it, I will post it up for sale here, or trade on a CS leather bench.. I just want leather, dammit.. lol..

I got a similar project on my hands, I want to put the dark gray leather seats from a 94 sedan into a 90 coupe, am I in for the same difficulties but in opposite areas?

I think that probably would be the case, but something tells me the fit would be even more difficult. I was basing my statement about sedan leather (not coupe, I know that) off my 1992 dealer book, so my knowledge was limited. But that's good to know that it was in some other sedans. Where are you from? Perhaps we could work out a trade

I got a similar project on my hands, I want to put the dark gray leather seats from a 94 sedan into a 90 coupe, am I in for the same difficulties but in opposite areas?

and dont forget that sedan seats dont fold forward in the front to allow easy access to the rear seat

I think that probably would be the case, but something tells me the fit would be even more difficult. I was basing my statement about sedan leather (not coupe, I know that) off my 1992 dealer book, so my knowledge was limited. But that's good to know that it was in some other sedans. Where are you from? Perhaps we could work out a trade

Are you talking to me? lol

The first part was just general, the second part was to Genopsyde, I was thinking he might like to trade his sedan leather for my coupe leather if he was from anywhere around me. Or he might want to trade with you, stevezasycho. That way both people would have leather that fits.