Headliner/Overhead console ?

supreme_style21

How are the headliners attached? Velcro? How possible is it to pull it all down without busting it?

And are the GP's pre-cut/drilled/wired for the overhead console with maplights?

I had a little 'project' going with my old car involving the overhead console, which it had. My new car does not have it and I'd love to see how well my plan turns out, so I don't wanna scrap the project, but I don't wanna go blindly hacking away at the headliner.

They're not attached with anything, however in the back there is a tab that must be pulled out (you can see it, it's impossible to miss if you look at the back of your headliner). It'll fall once you've removed all the interior trim. Pulling it out is no problem. Fold both the seats down and pull it right out. I have no idea about precutting/wiring, my car had a console to begin with.

There is no tab whatsoever in it. The trim has been off prior to this and the liner is definately secured somehow. I just never bothered pulling on it with too much force.

There is no tab whatsoever in it. The trim has been off prior to this and the liner is definately secured somehow. I just never bothered pulling on it with too much force.

GM.. [sigh]. There's velcro in certain spots on the top of the headliner then. Pull it with good force. You're not going to fuck up the headliner unless you seriously bend it bad.

Unless they changed things, it's not regular, everyday velcro that it's attached with, but 'plastic' velcro. It's like velcro, but it's larger, and has plastic locking tabs rather than little fabric ones.

To remove the headliner board, remove all the trim pieces that come on contact with it, makes it much easier. Remove the sun visors, and the dome light if equipped. The only thing holding it up is that plastic velcro crap. It's mostly at the front, a few in the middle, and some at the back. Just pull like hell to get it off. I had to use quite a lot of force just to get it to budge, but I was careful not to destroy the backer board. That's how we got the headliner board out of Jess's 90 TGP, so unless they changed things since then, it should be about the same.

Unless they changed things, it's not regular, everyday velcro that it's attached with, but 'plastic' velcro. It's like velcro, but it's larger, and has plastic locking tabs rather than little fabric ones.

To remove the headliner board, remove all the trim pieces that come on contact with it, makes it much easier. Remove the sun visors, and the dome light if equipped. The only thing holding it up is that plastic velcro crap. It's mostly at the front, a few in the middle, and some at the back. Just pull like hell to get it off. I had to use quite a lot of force just to get it to budge, but I was careful not to destroy the backer board. That's how we got the headliner board out of Jess's 90 TGP, so unless they changed things since then, it should be about the same.

Exactly how it's done.