Silverstars

GP1138

Well, after seeing the improvement of white headlamps on Shaun's car, I used the $25 gift card I received from relatives to defray the cost of some 9006 Silverstars for the new SE. While I like them a lot, there remains the four yellow bulbs in the center lightbar. :lol: Are there whiter bulbs I can buy to put in there, or can I do something silly like paint them? It looks really half-assed right now.

I'll have pics soon. There has been nothing in the way of dry pavement lately.

I'd paint them or get the bulb condoms. It's not like they need to be super bright, they're just there for show. I've got clear bulbs in my front markers on my CS, but I'm thinking of getting lightly tinted blue bulbs since the housings still make the bulbs look yellow, even with stock headlights.

I'd paint them or get the bulb condoms. It's not like they need to be super bright, they're just there for show. I've got clear bulbs in my front markers on my CS, but I'm thinking of getting lightly tinted blue bulbs since the housings still make the bulbs look yellow, even with stock headlights.

I still have the glass composite headlights from my old '89. Maybe I should see if those fit, they'd probably make the Silverstars look a lot better, not being plastic like the stock '95 headlight. :dammit:

Don't quote me on this, but I think you can get Silverstar bulbs for the rest of the runway in the front. I think I looked into it when I had the ol' sedan, but at nearly 20 bucks a pop, I could have bought a new car with all the lighting I'd have to replace in the front of those things.

hrrmmm we need pics for that...damn jeremy it's not even 8am CST yet...you're up early. lol :lol:

i'm EST, plust I am at work... :wink:

yea I'm at work too right now but I thought Michigan was in CST... :?:

Yeah, I think you can get silverstars for all the bulbs in the front, even the little ones, you might have to special order though. I just couldn't quite justify the cost to myself. You could also go the LED route, that would give you a nice white light too.

yeah I thought it was a coupe too...WTF :shock:

My new car? No! I thought I had said it was a sedan! :lol: Sorry guys. It's a nice car though. Unfortunately it's got bench seats, but that could be easily remedied.

The lightbar has got two decorative lights, then two foglights. I don't feel like dropping $40 on fogs yet, so I guess it's gonna look like shit for awhile, but what kind of lights go in the spots that are decorative? They make silverstar turn signal bulbs, but do those go there?