3.4 AC delete pully

gp90se

Anyone ever make one, or have the specs of the bolt holes and measurements so I can fab one up. the 1 I had is gone and I need to do something about keeping the belt turning the w/p the right way.

I'm with Chris on this one........I'm sure the Grand Prix's A/C is out of R12 as it is, and I really don't feel like switching to R134a....although it not hard to do.

My roomate recently did the lack of A/C mod to his 1988 Beretta GTU 2.8L......he has the part numbers some place.....any idea if they would be the same?

probably would be the same pulley on a 2.8/3.1/3.4 since the compressor is mounted in the same place and is most likely the same part.

10044867 for the 2.8/3.1. $29.02 list, $14.51 + shipping from GMPD. It comes with the mounting hardware.

22533199 for the Quad 4.

I used the search feature everyone tells people to use.......on Beretta.net anyways. :D

quick question

why do you even need a delete pulley for the 2.8/3.1?? all you need is a shorter belt.

It will throw the way the belt runs way out of proportion. Same reason you would need one for the 3.4

Yeah.....you could go the gehtto route and just use a shorter belt and run it directly from the crankshaft to the power steering pump. Thats what the previous owner did to my roomate's GTU. The thing is, you have VERY minimal amount of belt contact with the water pump, less than 1".

Yeah.....you could go the gehtto route and just use a shorter belt and run it directly from the crankshaft to the power steering pump. Thats what the previous owner did to my roomate's GTU. The thing is, you have VERY minimal amount of belt contact with the water pump, less than 1".

So on older W's with no AC, they used a delete pulley rather than just a shorter belt?

So on older W's with no AC, they used a delete pulley rather than just a shorter belt?

Yep.

Yep.

Hell, I'd go root through a junkyard, find a base GP with no AC and yank off the pulley.

Yep.

Hell, I'd go root through a junkyard, find a base GP with no AC and yank off the pulley.

I bet you could make a few bucks off of that too!

Yep.

I bet you could make a few bucks off of that too!

Hmm....... *rubs stubble on chin* ;)

John, that reminds me. Did yours have A/C in it???

My old LE? Yes, it did. In fact, I converted it to R-134A early on in the summer, paid about $20 for a kit. It worked out fairly well, besides the occasional lack of performance. I think the compressor was just tired. After 196k or so, I think that was it.