I might paint my body moldings

buckethead

I think it'll look pretty good if i painted that ugly bumper car molding white to match the body color. Can someone photoshop that so i can see what it would look like?

untitled3yy.png

I was thinking i might use some bondo to smoothe it out before i painted it. If i do decide to do it, can anyone suggest some good paint to use? I don't want it to fade or flake off in the car wash.

Wow, i like that, I think it's a go, especially with the clear corners as well. Once i can afford it, i do want to get some nice rims for it. I'm thinking these ones here:

VT1393A.JPG

Or something similar

NO BONDO!!!!!

it'll crack on the flexible bumpers, and itll crack on the body where the plastic molding meets steel.

i wouldn't bondo it to the steel, I'd take the moldings off and then just use bondo to smooth out the ridges on the moldings themselves. But that's only if i don't like the look of it without bondo. The paint on my car is in too good of shape to fuck it up with bondo.

So does anyone know what i should use for paint? like i said i want it to hold up pretty well to sun and the car wash, and i also don't feel like paying out the ass for it.

NO BONDO!!!!!

it'll crack on the flexible bumpers, and itll crack on the body where the plastic molding meets steel.

what about bondo fiberglass jelly? i use it a bunch and i've never had problems with it. :shrug:

don't think your gona have too much luck in that department, those rubber things are made so stuff dosen't stick to them.

There must be something i could do so paint will adhere. Some sort of special primer? I know bumper stickers hold on like hell to it, so there must be some way to get paint to stay there.

WOW....better lookin than the faded black/aluminum molding on my regal....

You could either paint the molding, or paint your car black to match the molding.... :)