New GM Headlights on eBay

Jeff M

Sorry this is in the TGP side not the W-Body/For Sale side (I am not selling them) but wanted to release it to the TGP owners first as they should go fast (besides why list that Forge Wastegate I mentioned earlier on the W-Body Side :roll: ). SUPER GOOD price on new complete GM Headlights for the 1989-90 TGP (or LE/SE, sshhhh). Both sides available at a lousy $30 each :shock:, last I checked GM could not get passenger's side, driver's side is like over $250, so these are a steal at $30 each :shock: :shock: I bought a pair and they are GM new so no worries mate. I bought some $149 Asian Clones that were not as good/plastic mounting setup so get these GM ones before they are gone and skip polishing your faded headlights, and yes these are the lighter plastic lenses versions, just get some 3M ScotchCal and cover them to protect from road debris.

Check his listing for the other side too (Left Hand and Right Hand)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7945260491&category=33710

Jeff M

Question to ebay seller...are these glass or plastic lenses?

Answer from seller...

THEY ARE GLASS

WADE

WADE

ALPHA AUTOMOTIVE

400 N AUGUSTINE ST

PULASKI WI 54162

800-317-1270 M-F 8-5 CST

Answer from seller...

THEY ARE GLASS

WADE

WADE

ALPHA AUTOMOTIVE

400 N AUGUSTINE ST

PULASKI WI 54162

800-317-1270 M-F 8-5 CST

SO, whats your point????????? Are you confused if the ones recieved are glass or plastic :roll:

Jeff M

Answer from seller...

THEY ARE GLASS

WADE

WADE

ALPHA AUTOMOTIVE

400 N AUGUSTINE ST

PULASKI WI 54162

800-317-1270 M-F 8-5 CST

SO, whats your point????????? Are you confused if the ones recieved are glass or plastic :roll:

Jeff M

I bought some $149 Asian Clones that were not as good/plastic mounting setup so get these GM ones before they are gone and skip polishing your faded headlights, and yes these are the lighter plastic lenses versions, just get some 3M ScotchCal and cover them to protect from road debris.

Check his listing for the other side too (Left Hand and Right Hand)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7945260491&category=33710

Jeff M

Well from reading your post it sounded as though these (the auction you listed) were plastic. 8)

Ok Kenny, well now that you finally asked :lol: to clear up the confusion you are having, the seller was guessing on them being glass as the ones I received are in fact/as stated Plastic!!

Now back to our normally scheduled work day 8) .

Jeff M

I am not arguing or picking any fits/fights....but what you received and what he has now seems to be two different things. I just spoke to him on the telephone and he said they are for sure glass. I said well please go to them and pick one of them up...he said one of them was on his desk from me asking the question earlier on the email. I asked him if he was married...he chuckled and said yes. I said do you have your ring on? He said...yes. I said do you have a speaker phone...he said yes and put me on speaker phone. I asked him to clank his ring against the face of the headlight lense. He did and the VERY DISTINCT sound of a glass headlight was heard. I asked him if they were heavy or light. He said heavy.

Now whether he did all this with a different headlight or what he actually has on hand on the ebay auction is beyond me and I could care less. I asked him the question because in the picture of them they look glass and was just trying to give a heads-up to others who may be interested in an auction for GP headlights. My first question to anyone with a headlight for sale for our cars is "plastic or glass". 8)

Well then they turned into glass since I bought mine from him, thing is I am going to say you may end up getting plastic since the ones I got I could take a die grinder to and remove those damn alignment nubs so my GTS Headlight covers would fit flush :lol: 8) i have tried a die grinder on glass and though it worked, took a long time as compared to these that melted like butter 8) As for picking a fight, I am not thinking that, just wondered why you dropped that first statement with no other info :? 8) what you first posted was only going to make people confused..period...we need info but we got more than enough now :wink: So I am going to place my bets its still plastic, and I know we got some smart people on here that might think of this; both left and right sides I have are plastic so its not a left-wing or right-wing sorta thing :twisted: . If they end up being glass, ha-ha you got the heavy ones :lol: 8)

Jeff M

Excellent find Jeff. :thumbsup: I don't give a rats ass if there plastic or glass. Atleast now I can drive at night. :D Although you have made me now look for fog lights. :cry: cause there so yellow. The J/Y want 60 each around here and the auto parts store want 272. The best I found on the net was 109, But what quality?. I'll take what ever he sends me. At 2k a year they will last me until I give the car to one of my kids. Well maby they won't want it so I'll give it to the grandkids.

Your the mod post where ever you like. I would do the same.

Again great find. :D

Jud

Hey Jud, glad you saw the light of my offer :lol:. The seller packs these well and ships them fast, act now :cool: Since we all have our favorite cars and one is the TGP that I share with others here, thought it nice to offer the info up here first instead of to the masses (sorry "the masses", but you are finding this info out anyways). Yea since the aftermarket’s are rather cheap, and the dealer one (other side discontinued) is too damn much money, these glass or plastic ones would be a great score, just hope no one waits until they have to have it when these are no longer around. I prefer the lighter plastic since you can easily grind off the nubs for the sunglassed look with the GTS Covers on a Black TGP, sweeeet looking, and with some ScotchCal to protect them from rocks, sand and ozone and drying out, should look new for a very long time. As for glass, one good whack of a stone and there is a hole in your light and if you don’t plug it before it rains, the rain will hit the bulb exploding it making a mess of the inside chromed portion of the headlight reflector, a real mess and a bear to clean and will still show damage from the bulb explosion even after you clean out what you can reach in that little bulb hole (or rip the lens off without tearing up the glass lens more :nono: ). I took a dead plastic and sanded it to see how far down the “yellow†went, it went down quite a ways, so best to find new Fogs, the dealer wants $98 retail which is a little much so, j/y and hope for the best or partsdirect though with the shipping and handling the cost won’t be that much less than retail :( .

Later man.

Jeff M

I guess I didn't mention I already got them. :D When you run across some fog's let us know.

Jud

Ahhh, minor detail 8) you got them pretty fast, I just got my next set today and they are heavy but still plaaaaastic :lol: Not sure who got the rest but they are all gone from that eBay link. Soon as I see the fogs I will hit the lights and let you know :naughty: .

Jeff M

Ahhh, minor detail 8) you got them pretty fast, I just got my next set today and they are heavy but still plaaaaastic :lol:

Jeff M

Well son of a... :oops:

I personally would prefer glass even though they are more breakable just because of the Colorado Sun. Turns paint and plastic to haze in a matter of months with some things. I am going to look for some of that ScotchCal you were talking about for my headlights ont the TSTE (plastic) and the Talon (also plastic). The traction control they use out here in the winter is nothing but pulverized granite. Most of the mix is rocks that takes out at least one windshield per year for me. :evil:

Well Jeff...sorry for the drawn out story about the ebay seller...but damn he had me convinced! :wink: