new to lumina game

jimraelee

Hello all, well the parents were good to me and gave me another lumina... I had a 93 years ago and loved it and they gave up there red 90 since they got a new honda crv... so anyway time to mod the lumina. Im thinking of a L67 conversion but ive already one of those projects under way.... what are good sources for guage pods ( my 90 dash really $#@% only a speedo and fuel guage) also lowering springs and cheap engine stuff.. like CAI/ chips, Its got the 3.1L. So how about sharing some of what youve done while i scour the net looking for things... thx

swap your cluster for the Euro/Z34 cluster

http://www.fastfwdperformance.com

yes the dash cluster will be first to go if possible... not sure if wiring is the same tho and will have to change some sensors over to guague type from idiot light type

you can get Ben's chip somewhere at http://www.60degreev6.com

whats "bens chip"????

the best thing you can do is an engine swap to the 3.1T or 3.4 DOHC :lol: ...seriously

If im going to swap... id drop a L67 inside... not waste time with 3100 or 3.4dohc. I dont see either of those two motors making 350-400hp. Id have to finish my first L67 swap.... its about done

thanks for the feedback

Ben used to sell his custom W-Body performance chips at FFP.com, but now he sells them on 60degreev6.com

i don't see any L67 making 350-400hp either...LMFAO...:lol:

i didn't say anything about the 3100 :bash: i was talking about the Turbo Grand Prix engine...plus it will save you alot of time swapping in an engine that was designed for your car.

i don't see any L67 making 350-400hp either...LMFAO...:lol:

tell me your joking.. if not please look at the clubgp.com site 10/11/12 sec grand prixs live over there...

i didn't say anything about the 3100 :bash: i was talking about the Turbo Grand Prix engine...plus it will save you alot of time swapping in an engine that was designed for your car.

Time and trouble yes.. I enjoy the opertunity to make engines fit where there weren't factory installed( I have to justify all the new tools I got during this last eng swap)... the thought of custom motor mounts and braces is all right with me... thx for the warning

just bolting on a turbo for my 100kmi 3.1L would be all right for now.. I really not sure i want to eng swap this car. The wife already wants me to tweak here vans 3400 when Im done... I cant find much room under the 1/2 hood it has for a SC thou...

the wiring on the z34 cluster is different than the one that is on your car currently. Someone here had a wiring breakdown for that cluster, but I do not remeber who it was...

If im going to swap... id drop a L67 inside... not waste time with 3100 or 3.4dohc. I dont see either of those two motors making 350-400hp.

Let me be the first to say: You're a dipshit. You've been tought by the rest of the world that the L67 is god's gift to engines and nothing can touch it. Have you ever even ridden in a 3.1 Turbo or TDC 3.4 powered car? The 3.1 vin V is more than capable of pushing out over 350 HP. Ditto for the LQ1 if it's turbo'd. I'd read up a little on these engines until you start making idiotic claims like that.

Oh, and Eurosport: 350 HP L67's aren't exactly rare..

:gone2far:

OMG...last time i checked L67s only produced 240hp...that isn't too far off from the LG5's 205hp and the LQ1's 210hp. if we modded our engines the way all these L67 f%cks do i'm sure that our first gen. engines would be just as fast.

ok...i'm done.

Let me be the first to say: You're a dipshit.

well thank you for your hannis attitude
You've been tought by the rest of the world that the L67 is god's gift to engines and nothing can touch it.

been tought that they are gods gift... not just a powerful engine that has lots of opertunity... cams available port head shops, custom progrmaed pcms... alot more than from a 3.1/3100/3400 series engines. that must be why there are so many different aftermarket suppliers out there

Have you ever even ridden in a 3.1 Turbo or TDC 3.4 powered car? The 3.1 vin V is more than capable of pushing out over 350 HP.
not sure where you get these numbers... havent seen any bb's with those types of claims... you can see many track time slips on club gp.com.... or infact the track slip and video of a 11 sec run.
Ditto for the LQ1 if it's turbo'd. I'd read up a little on these engines until you start making idiotic claims like that.
not idoitic clams here... only about 34000 members on a bb, with lots of people complimenting and backing up the claims... I dont see many 3400s or 3.1 turbos at the track????

Oh, and Eurosport: 350 HP L67's aren't exactly rare..

show me some please

cams available port head shops, custom progrmaed pcms... alot more than from a 3.1/3100/3400 series engines

Custom chips: 60*V6, DHP.

Ported heads: Take it to a shop.

Cams: Edlebrock carries cams for the 2.8 and 3.1 I know. RSM racing I believe carries one for the 3100 and 3400.

not sure where you get these numbers... havent seen any bb's with those types of claims... you can see many track time slips on club gp.com.... or infact the track slip and video of a 11 sec run.

Newsflash: Jeff M has a TGP that puts out over 400 HP.

not idoitic clams here... only about 34000 members on a bb, with lots of people complimenting and backing up the claims... I dont see many 3400s or 3.1 turbos at the track????

I'm talking more about the 3.4 TDC than the 3400. They can easily be turbo'd too, though. 3.1 Turbo's aren't exactly very populous. They're rare, and rarely seen, so I'm not surprised.

show me some please

You said your damn self that there are tons of L67's with this kind of power. Who's side are you on? :?

Anyhow, I'm not doing this in favor of 60* vs. 90*, I'm doing this in favor of factual information, and being sick and fucking TIRED of all these pricks going on and on and on about how the L67 is so awesome, and how it's always the answer to more power. Remember, there WAS a time before we had superchargers and turbo's..

been tought that they are gods gift... not just a powerful engine that has lots of opertunity... cams available port head shops, custom progrmaed pcms... alot more than from a 3.1/3100/3400 series engines. that must be why there are so many different aftermarket suppliers out there

Just because they're not out there, doesn't mean that

A) They don't exist

B) It's not possible

The 3.1/3100/3.4/3400 engines aren't as popular to mod because of the fact that they aren't as EASY, not because they're impossible to squeeze HP/Torque out of. You can get custom headers (Aaron) chips (Vegeta/Ben is his real name) just like you can for the 3800.

Research before you decide, it's the best thing you can do. If you're deadset on getting a 3800, by all means go for it, just don't claim something that many people on this board have proven false. That's asking for trouble...

:gone2far:

OMG...last time i checked L67s only produced 240hp...that isn't too far off from the LG5's 205hp and the LQ1's 210hp.

well thats true stock form thats all they put out
if we modded our engines the way all these L67 f%cks
nobodys trying to pic a fight here
do i'm sure that our first gen. engines would be just as fast.
but thats just the point... there isnt the cam selection, timing chains, high ratio rockers, header selections, nor intakes pcms selections, or ported SC's for the other engines..... pretty much the l67s have the choice in the v-6 range... I dont see any 3100/3400s being the fastest v6's around?? 1/4 mile slips anyone????

[quote

ok...i'm done.

so am I

but thats just the point... there isnt the cam selection, timing chains, high ratio rockers, header selections, nor intakes pcms selections, or ported SC's for the other engines..... pretty much the l67s have the choice in the v-6 range... I dont see any 3100/3400s being the fastest v6's around?? 1/4 mile slips anyone????

That's a pretty ignorant blanket statement there. I'm sure plenty of folks on this site will have a bone to pick with it.

I'm sure there's a 3100/3400 counterpart to every component you just mentioned. And I'm sure there are a few members of this board who will be glad to show you timeslips.

Why the hell argue about it anyway? Nobody here really cares if you think the L67 is the best V6 around, because not many of us have L67's in our first gen W-bodies. Those of us who desire to drop an L67 into our car don't have the cash more often, so we look for more cost-effective alternatives to pump some more HP from our respective engines.

Like I said before, if you have the cash, and you really want to, go for it. Otherwise, ask for information before you open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Well I'll be the first to say, Welcome.

well thanks I hope to enjoy modding the euro and driving it.. kind of nice having a parking lot for a front seat compared to my old civic.. :)

I wonder if an L67 swap dreamer section would be of any use to this site because I see alot of dreaming about the L67 and I only really heard of like 3-4 with some proof of actually doing so. Sure I would love one too, but my 3.1 fires up every day and it will live and die in the car. my car blue books for like 1900 so why would i want to invest more than the cars worth... i take one shot by some jackass in the quarterpanel and boom - cars totaled. but hey, im not anyones daddy if you are really serious about doing the swap... then you have my respect here and on the road.

I wonder if an L67 swap dreamer section would be of any use to this site because I see alot of dreaming about the L67 and I only really heard of like 3-4 with some proof of actually doing so. Sure I would love one too, but my 3.1 fires up every day and it will live and die in the car. my car blue books for like 1900 so why would i want to invest more than the cars worth... i take one shot by some jackass in the quarterpanel and boom - cars totaled. but hey, im not anyones daddy if you are really serious about doing the swap... then you have my respect here and on the road.

Yes Hairdo some do dream alot... Ive actually put a L67 in my grand am. And as you've stated my GA like your lumina isnt worth a hill of beans to Kelly Blue book. But I do love me GA, and so to me its worth the world. As you mention getting nailed in the rear quarter and then car is nothing but scrap because they wont pay crap for it, well thats the joy of owning an older car. You just have to love your car to mod the crap out of it... cant say an old 54 ford is worth much and I dont know even if the ins man would give you much for it. Even thou it would be worth upwards $40k cherry out and for resale...

the wiring on the z34 cluster is different than the one that is on your car currently. Someone here had a wiring breakdown for that cluster, but I do not remeber who it was...

The wiring is different. There is only one wire that stays in the same place, and 2 need to be added for the Euro/Z34 cluster to work. I did the pinouts back some time ago, they are still on here somewhere but I'm too lazy to search for them right now. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll see if I can find it.