Deerly Departed?

MaroonRegal

I hit a deer on New Year's Eve. Many of you may remember that about 1 year ago, I missed a deer, and it cost me $2700. This time, I plowed straight through the mother fucker. I'm okay, no injuries of any kind. The doe is a goner, of course. My car...well...It's pretty fucked up. A friend took some pictures, and I'll try to get them from him and get them up as soon as I can, but I think the insurance company's gonna total the car. I didn't let the incident ruin my holiday. I had a great time despite the destruction of my favorite posession.

It was on the same fucking highway as the first time, by the way.

I'll keep you updated as things develop.

oh man scott that sucks really bad, that was such a nice clean regal too.

well what matters is that your ok. the airbag didn't go off did it?

Naw, the airbag didn't go. I was doing 60 and I hit the brakes when I saw her. If you think about the physics behind it, a few hundred pounds worth of deer would have to be running head on at like 100 miles an hour (maybe more, I'm too lazy to get out a calculator) to change my momentum enough to deploy the airbag. Combine that with the fact that the deer was tall enough that the only part of her that hit the bumper (where the majority, if not all of the airbag sensors are) was her legs, and it's not hard to see why the airbag didn't go off. But I didn't even give the story in my post, so thanks for askin', but no, no airbags.

damn...that really sucks...i'm sorry to hear about your loss...it seems like all the good w-body's are getting smashed up lately... :? ...its kinda sad... :cry: ...and its been keeping me more alert cause i don't want mine being one of em...

so prety much the whole header pannel area, hood ,and mabie windshield are cooked?

i could see the upper radiator suppoort being shot too.

i guess if theres no damage to the rad support i could see it being fixed.

Oh, I forgot to give a damage report.

Hood - Crunched hardcore...currently unopenable

Header Panel - destroyed

Grille - in pieces along NE 66

Driver's Front Fender - Severely dented, in need of replacement

Driver's Headlight - obliterated

Bumper - Okay, but slightly damaged.

Mechanics - seem to be okay, but I can't get the hood open to look at things like the radiator supports. It drives fine, but it doesn't like hard bumps, because the wheel will hit the driver's fender if the bump is hard enough.

Windshield - the only thing that hit the windshield was blood.

So basically, it's on the borderline as far as either being totalled or repaired. I think the only damage is in exterior body panels, and it's only three or four panels, really. (not that body panels are cheap) Also, my paint has subtle metal flake in it, and I would want that matched properly (i know my body man can do that perfectly, but obviously it brings the price up.)

Thanks for the support, guys.

Later.

Man that's a tough break dude. You hate to start the New Year that way. Good thing you aren't hurt, that's what is important though.

Sometimes you feel like declaring war on the deer and going after them with a submachine gun!

Shit, sorry to hear about your car. Kinda makes me glad that my GS is parked for the winter. There was a month of luminas gettin totaled, maybe january is the month of the regals gettin totaled? :shrug:

Shit, sorry to hear about your car. Kinda makes me glad that my GS is parked for the winter. There was a month of luminas gettin totaled, maybe january is the month of the regals gettin totaled? :shrug:

Yeah and February is black history month. So "all yous" with black cars, you're HISTORY!

Yeah and February is black history month. So "all yous" with black cars, you're HISTORY!

Thats soooooo uncool. :lol: :lol:

Well, the estimate is about $3,000. The insurance company hasn't given their verdict yet, but I just checked my blue book, and it's not lookin' good. The car is worth between $4400 and $6600(about $5000 in my condition and location,) but I've heard that if the damage is more than the wholesale price, they total it, and wholesale is around 2700...so we'll see, but it might not be good news.

D-Stud - Thanks, man. Personally I prefer Sean's car as far as appearance goes, but you're right...mine is/was pretty hot. Yours too, however, has some sex appeal.

D-Stud - Thanks, man. Personally I prefer Sean's car as far as appearance goes, but you're right...mine is/was pretty hot. Yours too, however, has some sex appeal.

Too bad neither of them are as sexy as my car. You know you want all those colors :lol: :lol:

Seriously though man, I HOPE they don't total it. I've always loved your Regal!