Chrome or Silver?

GnatGoSplat

Which wheels do you like better on my car?  

1. 1. Which wheels do you like better on my car?

It would look even better with the chrome 18" 5-stars that I photoshopped on my Cutlass.

If I were to get a Regal, I'd want the 88-94 GS ground-effects on it too.

I agree with you on both counts.

-Tom :)

Well it's official. The wheels I like are no longer available in silver.

So I either go with chrome or get different wheels.

I really like the Mille Miglia Evo 5 and I sorta like the Voxx MGR's, but for the price of those in silver I can get the set I originally picked out in chrome.

Oh well.

Shawn,

Those Voxx MGR's are very slick looking, I waned to get a set for my Cutlass, but I found the sport 5-star 16" like on the early convertables for dirt cheap. I'd go with the MGR's, clean and straight!

- RedFox340

Yeah, I just don't feel like the MGR's are worth the money. I wish I'd caugh it when Discount Tire was blowing out their MAS brand of wheels. They were selling MAS MGR's (identical to the Voxx) for $75/each on clearance for 18"!!! Now the Voxx brand is something like $210/each, yikes!!!

Anyway, I only kinda like them because they're too straight for my taste. I prefer concave wheels and I hate convex like the factory wheels.

Go with the silver, especially for the classy look, unless you are going for the attention grabbing/flashy look. But I definetly like the silver. I may get white rims to match my White Lumina eventually. But then again I want to paint it anyway... good luck with your choice!

Well it's official. The wheels I like are no longer available in silver.

So I either go with chrome or get different wheels.

I really like the Mille Miglia Evo 5 and I sorta like the Voxx MGR's, but for the price of those in silver I can get the set I originally picked out in chrome.

Oh well.

Shawn, the ones you "like" are the AE 077's right....cause thats what it looks like in the photshopped pics......I think I may have bookmarked a site with them that still had silver available I believe...I'll get back to ya a few....gonna try to find the site

Yep. They are AE 077's and they used to come in silver, but not anymore.

One thing I didn't like about the polished set I had was that they were overbuffed in spots, but then what do you expect for a set of 18" that only cost $500.

Shawn, what about these wheels from Eagle.......almost like the 077's......they're the 168's from EAGLE I believe(I did not check size, but they are listed for FWD cars) also they're offered in Silver.... 168all.jpg

these don't look too bad either192all.jpg

The 168's are Mustang Cobra R replicas. They're nice, I was thinking about getting a set for my Grand Prix. However, they're extra wide (9") and +23mm offset, so they'd stick out more than I like on the Cutlass.

Those other one's (192's) look pretty nice, but not available in 18". Also I'm not sure if they're concave enough for my taste. :)