STE power seat question(s)

Robby1870

Alright, couple of quick questions. First, my driver's side seat, 14 (or however many way) power seat, when I want to tilt the seat back up, I have to pull it up a little so it can engage and have the power pull it up. You can wiggle the seatback back and forth a little. How do I tightend it up? Second, maybe stupidest question, how do I make the seat go down? By down, I mean straight down, so I sit lower in the car. I had the seat where I wanted it, then I got bored while driving, and started messing with the seat. Now, I cant get it to make me sit lower, Im such an idiot. Third, does anyone know the bulb number that lights up the power seat controls on teh center console? Mine is burned out, all of a sudden. Fourth, I have never taken power seats out of the car before. I want to take both seats out, mainly to clean under them, and to clean the tracks on the passenger seat so it can go forward and back more an .5in. Anything different than regular seats? Thanks for any help guys

power seats just put them back (or forward) all the way, remove bolts, then move the other way and remove the 2 other bolts. Make sure you don't forget to connect power before reinstalling them.

What does that silly little air hose do anyways??? :shrug:

What does that silly little air hose do anyways??? :shrug:

um...i'd assume it supplies the air used to move the seat

pneu·mat·ic Pronunciation Key (n-mtk, ny-) also pneu·mat·i·cal (--kl)

adj.

1. Run by or using compressed air

On a similar topic:

My power seats act like there is no air being pumped into them. If I push the button for recline, or to slide the seat back, that works because they are powered by separate electric motors. However, when I try to use the lumbar support, or the under your leg cushions, they don't work. I can hear a click sound like a relay when I push the button, but if the cushion has air in it, it will only leak air and make the cushion go down, either way I push the button up or down.

It used to be when I got in the car for the first minute I could use all of the functions, but they would stop working after a few minutes. Now it seems like they don't work at all.

Are these lumbar functions controlled by an electric pump that might be failing on my car? has anyone replaced one? cost?

Both of my seats seem to suffer from this ailment.

It's a small air pump under the seat. Black plastic cylender. If at least one part of the seat works, then the pump is fine. The problem lies in the control unit, which sends air out to the correct air bag. I've never actually changed this on my seat yet. I will soon, and I'll tell you how it goes.

As for leaking air sounds like the air bag in the seat for leack of a beeter word is leaking leak, or whatever it is that relaysto deflate and inflate it stuck, or leaking.. also since there is no air coming to the seat it seems like it might just be leaking out the relay part when pressing the button. If don't know how these seats work, but I'm guessing there is an air hose connected somewhere that is cracked, and maybe a motor somewhere that supplies that air is not working/barely working.

That's just my two cents sinceI'm not sure how these seats work

Maybe I shouldn't have posted anything lol, sorry if this is totally out to lunch delete it and call me an idiot lol, simple solution is get the crappy seats like my Lumina lol.. then you'll have no problems!

- Jeff L.

I just noticed this coming home from a friends house. If I have the headlights on, the power seats dont work. But, if I have the headlights off, they work, but at nite, you can see that the bulb to light teh controls STILL works, but only when you press a button. WTF?!?!?! Any thoughts?