Nite Shades

rshissler

Sure does affect the headlights. Putting ANYTHING over your headlights will affect them. Taillights not so much.. depends on how heavy of a coat you apply.

honestly I don't see the point in making lights a smokey color, or putting covers on them. personally I like the stock look. that's why I like sleepers, they look stock, but only the owner know its modified underneath.

i would almost think it would be illegal to put it on your headlights because your tailights aren't used as much as your headlights...plus you have to see with your headlights as well as on coming traffic see you

I've seen cars with it on the head lights and most of them say it doesn't affect it. I was reading up on some of the stuff and it says it wont affect the headlights so i was just wondering if this was true or not.

They are morons if they say it doesn't affect the headlights. The headlights are designed in a specific way to produce a specific light pattern. Putting anything over them degrades the quality. Even the road grime you pick up in the winter/rainy seasons kills the quality of the output.

i have it on my tails and it made my turn signals very dark...i would never use it on my headlights

do you have any new pictures of your work Matt?

I would like to make my tails a little darker than they currently are.

If you have any juice left in your can of niteshades I'll buy it off of you(Matt).

yes you can drive with them on your headlights at night.. the problem is you have to have your brights on to see the road 10feet infront of you.. most poeple that have them take them off at night so they can drive safe.

i have it on my tails and it made my turn signals very dark...i would never use it on my headlights

do you have any new pictures of your work Matt?

I would like to make my tails a little darker than they currently are.

If you have any juice left in your can of niteshades I'll buy it off of you(Matt).

um....i'm not quite finished...i should be done later on today

...if you wanna tint your headlights you should make/buy some headlight covers that you can take off @ night...

here are a couple pics of mine when I had headlight "covers" on her....

733932_20_full.jpg

cuttyblkouts.jpg

I have my taillights, b/u lights and front grill lights done. It made them very hard to see during the day. At night it wasn't to bad. I bought some super brite bulbs and it made it better. I finally stepped u p to LED fro the front and the rear. Much easier to see at night now. Still hard during the day. As for the headlights.....technically it is illegal to put anything but a clear protective cover on the headlight. However if anybody here used to get Summit catalogs about 8 yrs ago, they sold a headlight for p/u's that was basically a niteshaded light. It appeared pitch black when off, but normal when on. Same as some of the PIAA lights. Maybe a slight tint of niteshade would be ok. But if you have cops around you like i have around me, it won't last. Just my $.02