i miss my car!!

one hot GTP

ok maybe shes just sitting in my driveway, cuz i dont want her to get rusty so im driving my 86 merc cougar w/ a 5.0 and rwd in the snow and ice. but hey my GTP will still be beautiful in the spring unlike the cougar :lol: :lol:

i dont think theres a sq. foot on it that doesnt have rust if not a hole too. i see all sorts of GP's out driving around and I MISS MY CAR!!!!! thanx for letting me go on about how i miss my car :D

you guys haven't seen nuttin till you see how much salt Michigan puts on their roads, OMG we won't go there...

it's great to have a winter beater or another car to drive in the winter while your baby is garaged...it's truely the only way to keep it nice.

you guys haven't seen nuttin till you see how much salt Michigan puts on their roads, OMG we won't go there...

it's great to have a winter beater or another car to drive in the winter while your baby is garaged...it's truely the only way to keep it nice.

From what I hear about MI.. we sound about the same. MN has gotten better in the past few years, but you'll be hard pressed to find a mid-90's or earlier car without rust. It is indeed a rare find. I've had the pleasure of owning the garaged cars without rust.

Thank god for Georgia and no salt.. I was under my car the other day changing my fuel filter and thinking to myself how nice it is to have a 190,000? mile car with no rust on it.

Dick!! :lol: :lol:

My 124,000 Cutlass doesn't have any rust.. underneath it. Damn quarters are rusting out on it though. Oh well, we're replacing her with something big and RWD next year.. Oh.. I mean.. This year now :lol:

come to the twin cities. even when there is no snow on the roads, the roads are STILL white. thats how much salt they use. my 94 JUST started rusting a tiny bit near the rear bumper below the gas cap. but you can hardly notice it. they use salt very liberally in the twin cities and somtimes use it when they dont need to, but they are scared it MIGHT get icy. oh well. i feel bad for my brother having to move is full restored 72 luxury lemans a few weeks ago after a storm. bad time of the year to move. :(

go to northern MN and thye hardly use the stuff. they use more sand up there.

Thank god for Georgia and no salt.. I was under my car the other day changing my fuel filter and thinking to myself how nice it is to have a 190,000? mile car with no rust on it.

yeah, way to rub it in! Runt...dont they use Sand in PA?

In WA, no salt, they sand here. For a while i never understood the idea of why so many of you have "winter beaters", but it all makes since now. Around here, we drive our car YEAR ROUND! 8)

In WA, no salt, they sand here. For a while i never understood the idea of why so many of you have "winter beaters", but it all makes since now. Around here, we drive our car YEAR ROUND! Cool

I hear sand is just as bad, and its probably more expensive than the salt.

I can thank upstate NY for the rust on my car. In fact, I have to get another right fender, because about 6 or so inches at the bottom of the fender next to the door is completely rusted. It's so rusty there, that part of the fender isn't even attached to the car anymore. The doors are fine, but the rocker panels could use some attention. I only noticed this after I had taken the side body molding off the car today. I guess the previous owner was just trying to cover up the rust where the body molding was.

Saskatchewan uses sand, gravel, salt, the part of potash that is waste... anything they can put down, usually gravel and salt..

Our roads are also just completely white all through winter, gravel smashes the paint, salt rusts...

My garage floor in spring is absolutely white lol..

Oh well, when you live here its hard to have a nice car to drive year round!!

- Jeff L.