Fold Down Rear Seat In A 88 Regal?

rshissler

Well im in the process of completely redoing the inside of my car (painting, detailing, new fabrics). I deicied to take my back seat out. When i got the car i noticed the back seat would never stay back against where it was suppost to. I looked and noticed that it folded down, like the new cars today for more room if u got a long pole or something in the car. Well when i took my seat out i noticed that the seat wasn't a fold down or was it. It looks like to me that its only folding down cuz some one bent the metal peices that hold it to the back of the car. Did 88 Regals come with folding back seats or did some one bend it like this???

Yes there is a hole going into the trunk but, That heat containing stuff they used back in the day u know it was like a thick black layer in it and that furry stuff anyways that was coverin it but it looks like something ripped a huge hole out of it cuz its all hangin everywhere and ripped apart

what I did in my Regal to make it a passthru is unbolt the top part from the rear brackets and then remove that black insulation. I competed in the car stereo gig back then and noticed a huge improvment without the seat being there...probably 2-3 db's