turn signal flasher?

ThunderBat

hey guys,...I realize I'm slightly outside of our area with this one but I need a little help...my wife's 87 cutty ciera wagon has a turn signal malfunction...all the bulbs are working and the lights get brighter when you move the signal lever but they wont flash...so I'm guessing the flasher is bad...the problem is I cant find the bloody thing...I know a few of you guys also own Z24s and the like and I think they are in the same family as the ciera, so I was hoping someone here would have the info I need...there are two small silver items in the fuse panel inside the glove box, but there is no diagram to say what they are...there is no junction box under the hood that I can see...if anyone here has had a similar problem any help would be appreciated.

thanx in advance guys.

cutlass ciera is an a body, cavvys are j bodys

in a ciera it ought to be on the passenger side of the dash, up around the glovebox area, when i changed mine in my old ciera i found it easiest to pull the glovebox out.

cutlass ciera is an a body, cavvys are j bodys

in a ciera it ought to be on the passenger side of the dash, up around the glovebox area, when i changed mine in my old ciera i found it easiest to pull the glovebox out.

They put them way over there, huh. Now that you mention it, I remember tracking one down in that area on a Ciera at work.

I pulled the underdash insulator panel out and there was a flasher dangling by two wires...I turned the emergency flashers on and I can hear the clicking sound coming from behind the glove box as was mentioned...the flasher I was holding wasnt doing anything that I could tell...the autozone website said the replacement is $2.39, so I think I'll try this one and see if it does the trick...boy I sure am glad someone deciced to localize all this crap on the later models!