Bad News

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

The shop called today.

My #4 cylinder has only 20 lbs of pressure and is running very rich. The engine is shot.

Ive worked so hard to get to this point. Now all hope is lost. What is cauing this/ head gaskets, right? I need someone to console me.

Guest TurboSedan
Sell it and get something else. If you can afford to pay someone to do the work or can't do it yourself no point in keeping it.

:werd: the 3.4 DOHC engine is for people who work on their own cars; you'd have to be rich to pay a mechanic to do anything to that engine. i'm not talking shit about the 3.4; that's just how it is (i would love to have one). low cylinder pressure could be bad gasket, stuck valve, burnt valve, bad rings...who knows without pulling the head(s) off. good luck with it but i'd unload it before you put any more money into it.

Guest Anonymous

I know... They said I could possibly have it rebuilt, but thats going to cost alot of money. I really wanted this. That car had alot of potential to be great.

No one would even want it. I think its time I bid the car goodby and try to get along with my melancoly existance.

Guest Anonymous

You dont understand... No one really understands how much i wanted the car and all the plans I had for it. I guess I'm alone in that department. Its not going to be easy to say goodbye.

God I wish I was rich.

Just learn to fix it then. If you want the car bad enough you would do it.

no doubt....it's not like you could fuck it up anymore....you said it yourself, the engine is dead.....you couldn't be any worse off after attempting a swap....even if it fails, the car still would need an engine, which is the same spot you are in right now...

What kind of engine would a 1993 Cutlass Supreme Sedan have? There is one for sale for $395, "runs great."

either a 3.1 or a 3.4

most likely a 3.1, but those 3.4 sedans are out there.

Just learn to fix it then. If you want the car bad enough you would do it.

oh i've told him that a billion times over.

have they found out whats causeing the low compression? could a blown HG cause it? worst case its burnt vaulves. hell the bottom end should be fine yet. i know several people could get you a new set of 3.4 heads for prety cheep. get them, put em on or pay to have em put on and your golden, do a timing belt while your at it.

EDIT: or hows this sound, you buy the parts (heads, timing belt, pulleys, Head gaskets, head bolts, intake gaskets, Dist O ring, cam hold down tools) have the heads checked and planed if needed, pay for my gas, put a roof over my head, and give me food, and i'll swap the heads, fix your oil leak and retime it.

Guest Anonymous

WhiteZ34, You drive a hard baragin.

Ive decided that if the petty edition isnt going to happen, I'm getting a 97+ GTP or a c.95 SSEi and no less. Where i will find the money for that is yet to be determined.

EDIT: or hows this sound, you buy the parts (heads, timing belt, pulleys, Head gaskets, head bolts, intake gaskets, Dist O ring, cam hold down tools) have the heads checked and planed if needed, pay for my gas, put a roof over my head, and give me food, and i'll swap the heads, fix your oil leak and retime it.

I know im still new here, but would you be willing to do something like for me? Of course I would need to know how much the parts & stuff would cost me before I would commit to it. My problems aren't as serious as his, but I do have that mysterious oil leak and a coolant leak. It's not an immediate thing on my list as I dont plan to legalize the car til at least March. I know if I take it to a shop, I would get ripped off. Im only asking because im not really mechanically inclined, I only know the basic stuff like changing the oil.

Guest Anonymous
where exactly is the GP right now?

Its still at the shop. They told me I can keep it there until monday to "think things over." The shop is harriman, NY, near the woodbury commons