clunking noise

rudefyet

uh oh...new probelm

i'm getting a clunking noise coming from one of the wheels...starts out as a clunk..clunk...clunk every revolution then turns into a constant hum at high speeds

it only does it when the wheel is turned straight....and it causes the brake pedal to pulsate at the same intervals as the "clunk"

any ideas?

it's one of the rear wheels....both make a little noise when i turn them by hand...

so i'm not gonna rule out the calipers...it sounds like the pads are rubbing the disc a bit..and the drivers side sounds like the rotor is warped

wel my car just sat for a few days cause i didn't wanna deal with it

i finally took the time to check on it...first thing i did was check the tightness of all the lugnuts...well...guess what, 2 of the lugnuts on my rear drivers side wheel were very loose....problem solved

sometimes i laugh at my own stupidity :lol:

i had the same prob after i had my tires put on at discount tires. i just thought my bearings were going. im surprised i made the 30 mile drive home with all 5 lugnuts loose on one of the front tires! :shock: I could have killed those guys

i had the same prob after i had my tires put on at discount tires. i just thought my bearings were going. im surprised i made the 30 mile drive home with all 5 lugnuts loose on one of the front tires! :shock: I could have killed those guys

They must have been sick on "Lug Nut Day". :lol: :lol:

They must have been sick on "Lug Nut Day". :lol: :lol:

hahahahahah :lol::lol:

If you think thats bad, check this out. When my brother had his 88 Bronco II, he was in the process of changing the wheels over to his recently acquired 92 Explorer because he had gotten new tires for it and didnt want to leave them on the Bronco. While he was putting the Bronco wheels on the Explorer, his friend was putting the Explorer wheels on the Bronco. Since U-haul doesn't rent to Explorer owners anymore, he had to take the Bronco to get the U-haul trailer. About half way to the U-haul place, he started to notice one of the wheels felt like it was wobbling real bad, so he pulled off to the side of the road. As he was getting out of the Bronco, he saw one of his lugnuts come off the rear wheel and flew across 4 lanes of highway. Upon further inspection, he noticed it was the last lugnut from that wheel. So he then checked the other wheels, and the others were loose also but no lugnuts came off any of the other wheels.