aroura dis

Psych0matt

I was in the yard today and found an aroura with a driver info system that looked extremely similar to the cutlass ones. my question is does anyone know if that could be adapted to work in a cutlass, specifically mine that's a 94. I'm kinda thinking that since the old dis's from the older cutlass are obdI I thought the aroura's had obdII and it might work. although its still probably set to the 4 liter thats in it, It looks cool and if anyone knows wether or not it's woth trying I might go back and pick it up.

EDIT:

Does anyone know if it's possible to get an aroura dis to function in a cutlass. (I'll worry about mounting later.)

there, make more sense? 8)

The driver information center out of an Olds Aurora.

I highly doubt you'll get anything to function.

Been awhile since I've saw one, but I thought it was long and narrow... not like the box the CS system was?

The aurora dis looks very similar. I'm sure it will fit in the cutlass spot, but mounting it will be the challange. I do know that they share a few of the functions but there are a few different functions.

I think if you got one out of a 95 aurora it might work since it was still obd1.

Anything is possible.. Grab it and find the required Diagrams for each car.. Then, start seeing where to go from there.. Anything can work.. I got a Dodge Caravan Hoverhead compass, thermostat, etc. pod to work in an 87 LeSabre.. Go for it..

• 2 years later...

To answer a three year old question, I'm sure that nothing on the Aurora DIS will work properly. They use a totally different data bus than the w-bodies. You could get it to turn on, and that'd be it.

the biggest probelm, is that unlike the cutlass one which is a stand alone unit.... the auarora one is intergrated into a mauck larger panel that includes the climate control, and SHARES the entire circuit board. You would never be able to cut it down :(