Boosting the car?

wilde108

I went out to boost my 92 Cutty Vert and found that the battery is under the airbox and the washer resevoir. I have never seen such a difficult vehicle to boost. It appears as if I have to take off the air box just to boos the car. Maybe there is an easier way of doing so, but I sure don't know. Let me know if there is an easier way?

there is black "ground loop" and a red capped Aux. Pos terminal that you use to jump the car...

Jeremy is correct. It more than likely has a red cap on it that says Aux Terminal.

So, you Canadians say "boost" eh?

I was wondering the same thing. That's why i read the two posts about boosting on here. The last time I heard that word used was in Gone in 60 Seconds when they were stealing cars. lol :lol:

disregard the red circle on the left, the pic is from a different thread....you can see the red aux terminal in the right of the pic and there is a black "loop" as well towards the center of the engine bay circled in blue

3b648dc3.jpg

Lol, yeah I think all Canadian including myself use the term "boost" to start a car with a dead battery.

When my Lumina died I got my positive side connected to the battery and just grounded the black side to the rad support I think. It worked well enough to start the car.

However I just remember I took that plastic "heat shield" off when I put on a battery blanket because I couldn't up the shield back on after putting the battery blanket on.

That Aux. Terminal sounds like a good idea, at least it is accessible. I';ve never seen such a stupid setup with the battery halfway in the fender lol!

- Jeff L.

Well I found the terminals and it did jump just fine. After leaving the car on for a while and then turning it off and attempting to start. It will not. Im assuming the battery is dead or dieing. It has enough power to turn the headlights on and run the radio, but does not have enough to turn the car over or run the internal climate system.

Well I found the terminals and it did jump just fine. After leaving the car on for a while and then turning it off and attempting to start. It will not. Im assuming the battery is dead or dieing. It has enough power to turn the headlights on and run the radio, but does not have enough to turn the car over or run the internal climate system.

that sucks...the battery really isn't that hard to change....

that sucks...the battery really isn't that hard to change....

It's not hard, just somewhat more involved than you'd really expect for changing a battery.

FYI, it's easier to do the removal/replacement if you remove the airbox. Good luck.